HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town v Haven 13.1.2019 - Match Reaction

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 13 Jan 2019, 07:36:53 pm
It was only a pre season match for God’s sake the lad son both team getting the cobwebs blown off everyone looked rusty and rightly so town used the ball much better than haven today don’t forget when we have our first choice side out it will be a different story as
As a lot of them tries you scored today would t have happened with Chris Taylor and Jessie in the centres massively missed Jordan Thomson at prop and Brett will make a difference that’s 4 class players missing against town best side

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 13 Jan 2019, 08:04:02 pm
Not sure if that was Towns best team today,

Offline townie

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 13 Jan 2019, 08:04:26 pm
From a town fans view I thought whitehaven were poor, looked like the half backs haven't played in the same team before.  Town had 4 tries disallowed so it could of been a lot worse.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 13 Jan 2019, 08:16:46 pm
From a town fans view I thought whitehaven were poor, looked like the half backs haven't played in the same team before.  Town had 4 tries disallowed so it could of been a lot worse.
Not having a go here marra but we said exact same thing last year about town and look how u finished the year please respect haven have a new squad and need time to gel that’s was the difference between the sides today u have played all last year and starting where you have left off we on the other hand are starting again. We congratulate town on the win you played very well and looked sharper with ball in hand but we looked lost no set moves or organiseation that all takes time I’m sure the other games we play this year will be better spectacles as that was awfull from us

Offline Bearintown

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 13 Jan 2019, 08:31:40 pm

Had to laugh at how some of the Town fans celebrated at the end. Jesus Christ!
[/quote]

And I had to laugh at the "whitehaven walk" after Mellor's try. Jesus wept .. with laughter

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2019, 08:35:44 pm

Had to laugh at how some of the Town fans celebrated at the end. Jesus Christ!

And I had to laugh at the "whitehaven walk" after Mellor's try. Jesus wept .. with laughter
[/quote

Fair play to the lad Mellor took his try very well no doubt about it being a try although most haven fans said it wasn't

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 13 Jan 2019, 08:36:18 pm
Todays game will have given both sets of coach's plenty of ideas on what they have to do to get the teams ready for the start of the season, that's what these games are about, plus to give the supporters something to look forward to, the clock is ticking for the start of the season, 

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 13 Jan 2019, 09:43:59 pm
Disappointed over today’s result but not the end of the world as some would think. Both sides experimenting and for us several missing  that would normally expect to be out there.

Great to see the season back. Sunday afternoons aren’t the same during the off season 😊😊

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #23 on: 13 Jan 2019, 09:56:04 pm
First hit out can only get better than that shocker thomposh has to play at Barrow and a few to watch
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2019, 09:59:00 pm by haven94 »
born and bred haven.

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 13 Jan 2019, 10:01:22 pm
Considering we have only had 3 training sessions with ball in hand, pretty much a new team, our 2 first choice centres out and Brett Phillips who should make plenty of yards I didn't think we were that bad, plenty of effort but lacking structure and direction which will come. Bulman looks a good prospect, and agree Jordan burns should be full back. 5 weeks till the start of the season not worried in the slightest.

Was Jason not a first choice center last year what happened to earn your shirt

Jjp is a better centre imo and I showed today for me thought mossop took the wrong option a couple of times one was a certain try if he passed. 

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 13 Jan 2019, 11:11:05 pm
Ref saved haven from a thumping. Town have more players to come in too. You lack size . forster is a massive miss for you.