HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Cockermouth Titans

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
on: 14 Nov 2018, 11:37:54 am
When 23-year-old Jack Clark returned to play for the reformed Cockermouth Titans side that fired back to life two years ago, little did he think that he’d be on the other side of the world two years later.

The proud Cumbrian has had a whirlwind year in particular, since representing the county for the first time at Open Age level during the BARLA Three Counties Championship last November.

“I’d played at county level at Under-17s and Under-19s and was made up to get the call to play for the Open Age last year,” Clark recalled.

The utility-man who can play at loose forward, full-back, or centre believes he is best suited to right centre role.

“I feel that’s my position, although I will play wherever for the team,” he added.

It would be fair to say that Clark was one of the more nervous flyers of the group.

“It’s a long way!” Clark laughed.

“The longest flight I’d ever done before this was about four hours. It’s the furthest away from home that I’ve ever been. Coming to the other side of the world still doesn’t feel real to be honest.

“We all had a good blow out when we landed here in Fiji. The last couple of days have all been about the lads getting to know each other.

“We had a night in Brisbane, which was good and last night with the coaches was good. I think everyone is starting to gel together now. Hopefully, we can take that onto the pitch tomorrow ahead of our first game, and the next three as well.”

Could this be our next target?