HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Kris Coward

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 19 Nov 2018, 06:00:00 am
Whitehaven RL are delighted to announce the re-signing of veteran prop forward Kris Coward on a one year deal in 2019.

Coward came to his hometown club last season after over a decade’s service for Workington Town. He made 27 appearances scoring two tries and can’t wait for the challenge of pre-season and what 2019 will bring.

“I think 2019 will be a good year and aiming for them top places in the league is well within our reach we are building a good local squad that has a mixture of youth and experience.” Said Coward. “It’s my 12th pre season and the biggest thing is the lads and the camaraderie you have together. I really enjoyed last year when I came back to haven so I wanted to go round again and be apart of what is getting built over the next year.”

Head coach Gary Charlton said “Kris brings plenty of size and experience to our team but he also possess good footwork and is comfortable with ball in hand.These are great attributes for a prop forward and although he is getting on in age he still has the fitness and enthusiasm to be a big player in this team.We are pleased to have Kris back on board.”

Kris is the 17th player to be confirmed as signed to play for the club in 2019 with more news coming later this week including a new kit supplier and the launch of our 2019 away kit.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2018, 07:42:45 am
Chris never let us down last season and puts a shift in welcome back on board marra
born and bred haven.

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2018, 07:52:15 am
Welcome back marra
He brings experience and much needed size to the pack, also another local.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2018, 03:49:22 pm
Good signing. Thought he did well last season