HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Castleford v Haven - Your Reactions

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #45 on: 02 Jul 2007, 11:34:33 pm
seeds one could be class as the momentum rule the cas could be classed as the american footbal rule

Now why did I think someone would say something like that  :D :D :D

Watch where Seeds passes the ball.   He is about 2 metres from a broken line marked on the pitch.   Calvert takes the ball over that broken line and Seeds never gets to the broken line, so how can that be "momentum".    Come on, look at it fairly.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #46 on: 02 Jul 2007, 11:42:50 pm
i think the referee was poor but we have had are fair share of penalties at home this year. The main problem yesterday was we couldnt slow their play the ball down so they constantly had a roll on and are dicaplin has been poor all year. I still think we need a decent prop and a clever speedy half back

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #47 on: 02 Jul 2007, 11:57:08 pm
http://www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/Players/Video/Play.aspx?id=162

watching the highlights the try were derry was blocked..he was a mile out of the line leaving a big gap..he did the same for the fax 2nd try last week..needs to tighten up
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #48 on: 03 Jul 2007, 04:56:44 pm
Hi, Keith.
You really couldn't expect to me to see a forward pass on the other side of the field do you?
The FORWARD pass you'll hear me screaming about on the video was so far forward even the Cas fans below me laughed AND it really was the defining moment in the game as Haven were 10 points down and had just  had a try ruled out moments before for a forward pass which would have brought it back to a four point game--scored under the posts!
Showed the incident to Mick Morgan, who commentates for Cas, after the game and his mouth fell open!!!
BTW, it doesn't show on the highlights but the touchie ran down to the try-line then backed off 10M which alerted Mr Leahy to discuss what happened. After 10 seconds or so the knife went in and Haven never recovered.
Still, we might be recalling a forward pass which won the game for Haven at Blackpool in a few days time.
El Tel.
ps some dodgy tries on the Town highlights methinks, KT.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #49 on: 03 Jul 2007, 09:57:39 pm
have just watched the highlights of the game

how come nobody mentioned the forward pass from seedsy to calvert for our 2nd try?

it certainly looked as far forward as their try in the second half

as for the eilbeck incident, perhaps he was taken out but instead of looking round asking everyone if the know who he is he had time to get his finger out and get back to make a tackle!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #50 on: 03 Jul 2007, 10:34:01 pm
penalty count was 12 2 at half time we gave away more penaltys that 2 in the next half well leahy robbed us not taking out away from cas but would off been a diffrent score at the end

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #51 on: 04 Jul 2007, 12:20:17 pm
Hi, Keith.
You really couldn't expect to me to see a forward pass on the other side of the field do you?
The FORWARD pass you'll hear me screaming about on the video was so far forward even the Cas fans below me laughed AND it really was the defining moment in the game as Haven were 10 points down and had just  had a try ruled out moments before for a forward pass which would have brought it back to a four point game--scored under the posts!
Showed the incident to Mick Morgan, who commentates for Cas, after the game and his mouth fell open!!!
BTW, it doesn't show on the highlights but the touchie ran down to the try-line then backed off 10M which alerted Mr Leahy to discuss what happened. After 10 seconds or so the knife went in and Haven never recovered.
Still, we might be recalling a forward pass which won the game for Haven at Blackpool in a few days time.
El Tel.
ps some dodgy tries on the Town highlights methinks, KT.

As you know HWL (Tel) some you win, some you lose.    Our try 2 minutes from time definitely looked like a knock-on but I think our last try was OK.  In your commentary when Calvert scored you said "Nothing wrong with that one".    That made me smile after seeing Seeds pass.   I thought you had become JC for a moment.    And then when they threw that forward pass I think you were shouting to the ref, "that was a forward pass" , "He's not going to give it".    A little bit of heart on the sleeve there my old friend.    Keep up the good work though.

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #52 on: 04 Jul 2007, 02:26:11 pm
didnt he ref the nrc final last season?

i think
tabner
dawber
o'halloran

are the 3 candidates for the final

Im sure he came from netball or was that girls tennis so he does not know how to keep up!

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #53 on: 04 Jul 2007, 02:35:42 pm

how come nobody mentioned the forward pass from seedsy to calvert for our 2nd try?

as for the eilbeck incident, perhaps he was taken out but instead of looking round asking everyone if the know who he is he had time to get his finger out and get back to make a tackle!

Question for you!
How come people like you do not see the people that in the Cas {and everygame} the players that stop it from being a total embarrassment? You like the go forward, but you never see the raw play that sets the go forward?
Marra, there is no such thing as winning attack if you have no defense.
That goes for all the people that do not have a clue. There is no such thing as a player getting to much money at Haven, unless he is shocking, but then he would not be in the side! think about it!!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #54 on: 04 Jul 2007, 03:06:40 pm

Question for you!
How come people like you do not see the people that in the Cas {and everygame} the players that stop it from being a total embarrassment? You like the go forward, but you never see the raw play that sets the go forward?
Marra, there is no such thing as winning attack if you have no defense.
That goes for all the people that do not have a clue. There is no such thing as a player getting to much money at Haven, unless he is shocking, but then he would not be in the side! think about it!!!!

i'm sorry toddy, but i may not be the most intelligent peson in britain, but neither am i the thickest, however i have read and double read your post and quite frankly it does not make any sense

the bit i am really struggling with is where you go on about players getting too much money, where excatly in my post do i mention anything like that?
my post that you have quoted mearly states that our 2nd try came from a dubious pass from seedsy to calvert, and nobody on here seems to have mentioned it.

you are letting yourself down by claiming everyone else hasnt got a clue.......... why is this then?
just because somebody has a different opinion to yours does not make them clueless,

as for your p.m. you sent me, no i am not 12-14yrs old<disappointed????>
i presume by your almighty knowledge that you have played and coached the game at the VERY highest level?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

specialbrew92

Reply #55 on: 04 Jul 2007, 03:30:53 pm
Big Yeti,

Yep your right there, i can't make any sense out of that reply.

I sure that you are doing yourself a bit of injustice there i would say that you could be the Scottish equivalent to Steven Hawkings

Monte

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #56 on: 04 Jul 2007, 04:59:50 pm

my post that you have quoted mearly states that our 2nd try came from a dubious pass from seedsy to calvert, and nobody on here seems to have mentioned it.

Except me Big Mac.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #57 on: 04 Jul 2007, 08:24:21 pm
Big Yeti,

Yep your right there, i can't make any sense out of that reply.

I sure that you are doing yourself a bit of injustice there i would say that you could be the Scottish equivalent to Steven Hawkings

Monte

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm........................... thanks monte,

i think!!!

you reckon i sound like him after a skinfull?  lol
the reverand, big mac

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #58 on: 12 Jul 2007, 01:50:33 pm
Bit hard to reply when you have had way way to many:)

As they say, knowledge is power. The only problem the side has is there is not the money there yet to compete on a level playing field. Besides the fact there part-timers and it is virtually impossible for a part time side to be consistent . There not doing to badly, all things considered.
Need a better junior development program or a lot more money.:)