HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dan Abram Departs

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 27 Dec 2018, 04:03:11 pm
Source.......   https://www.facebook.com/WhitehavenRLFC2010/

Whitehaven RLFC regret to announce that Dan Abram will not be returning to the club for the 2019 season. Dan played an instrumental part in last seasons on-field successes and we are sure there isn’t a single fan who will ever forget those two last gasp conversions, scored by Dan, in the derbies against Workington Town last season.
Throughout Dan’s time with the club, Dan has showed himself to be a dedicated professional who gave his all for the chocolate, blue and gold. The club are aware of the high regard that Dan is held in by the club’s supporters and although this mutual agreement to part ways may be disappointing, it has been made for the best of all parties.
The club wish Dan all the best for his future endeavours and know that Dan has loved his time at the club. On his departure, Dan has said the following;
“After speaking with the club, it was in the best interests of both parties that we mutually agree to terminate my contract. I would like to thank the club and my agent, Martin Shuttleworth, for their time, advice and professionalism shown in this process. I have enjoyed my time at Whitehaven and it has been one of my most enjoyable seasons playing RL.
I am proud to have worn the Whitehaven shirt and I will take away with me many highlights and memories, that I will remember for the rest of my life.
The squad, coaches and backroom staff were united and stood together each week and did everything possible to make the season a success and it was a pleasure to be part of this group.
The fans are very special, from the volunteers, kids asking for autographs, the gentleman that saved the newspaper cuttings and handed them to my mum, the old lady that sat next to my parents and of course the army that travelled over to France to support us. I can still hear the chants of Whitehaven, Whitehaven as I’m writing.
Players and coaches come and go but you fans stay loyal week in week out, season after season and you’re a credit to the town and club.
I wish you all the best for whatever you do in the future and I’ll finish by hoping all you Marra’s had a merry Xmas and wish you all a happy new year.”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2018, 04:16:20 pm
Good luck to the lad wherever he goes as long as it's not to town

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2018, 04:17:29 pm
good luck dan will always be remembered marra.
born and bred haven.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2018, 04:22:37 pm
Gutted he’s a top player but hearing rumours he’s heading up the road

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2018, 04:52:05 pm
Good lad who must be so proud that he will live for very many years in the memories of both 'haven and town supporters....but for two very differing reasons.

Shame he left because I like many others in the town feel he has the qualities to make a much bigger name for himself in RL, and it would have been great to see it happen starting from a chocolate blue and gold jersey.

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2018, 05:16:21 pm
Something fishy with this one, even though he was under contract for this year the club didn't name him when they put a post on facebook in early November confirming which members of the squad were still contracted to the club.

Good luck wherever he ends up, put his hand up to step into the full back role when we were desperate and made it his own. Those two last minute conversions against Town will live long in the memory too

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2018, 05:24:55 pm
Bizarre, why would a business get rid of an asset like that?  When he is without doubt a first team player either in the half's or hooker. 

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2018, 05:29:33 pm
Lost out on a transfer fee aswel. Strange 1 this.
Up The Haven

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2018, 05:46:22 pm
We cant afford to pay him what he was on
Last Year, thats why we ended up with the Begging Bowl. We are paying this year what we can afford.

HW

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2018, 11:08:33 pm
Why would someone leave if on another years contract, and by mutual agreement, unless he was (a) unwanted or (b) off somewhere else for better prospects OR better money.

Prospects......nearer home  OR bigger club OR better playing  opportunities

Unwanted....too expensive OR not highly enough rated

Money ……. pay cut at haven SO / OR away to more dosh somewhere else

WE may never know !!!!. ….But still a very good all round player lost to us.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 27 Dec 2018, 11:35:47 pm
Agree with that, but it's the timing what is strange to me.  We must have been paying him for the last two months and he his options are far more limited regarding signing for someone else.  And he doesn't seem happy to be leaving.  All in all, very odd to say the least.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 28 Dec 2018, 09:13:01 am
Dan offers us many options in the backline and not to mention his boot for kicking was outstanding seems very odd this like as I say I’m gutted but he’s too good for this league

Offline woodhousewarrior

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 28 Dec 2018, 02:16:47 pm
Is he going to town? Would have thought he would be picked up by a championship club closer to where he is based

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 28 Dec 2018, 02:20:21 pm
Sure Foz will have been in touch

Offline Gerry

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 28 Dec 2018, 07:21:07 pm
Dan is a very good L1 player but not quite good enough for a Championship starting line up …. good squad player tho and was very good in a Raiders shirt but couldn't get in the side that often