HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ruairi McGoff

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 05 Jan 2019, 07:14:35 am
Whitehaven RL are delighted to announce the signing of Canadian international Ruairi McGoff on a one year deal.

The former Workington Town and Barrow Raiders player has had several years out of the professional game but after being part of the Canadian national sides campagin for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup he has regained his love for the game and has linked up once again with Gary Charlton.

Head coach Gary Charlton said “he’s got a great attitude, great work ethic he may not be the most skilful player but he has a heart of a lion. I know what he brings to the team he will be a great asset to the team he’s infectious. I watched him play for Canada his highlight reel was very good he took a lot of ball in and he tackled well. It’s something we look for as they’re the unsung heroes are the prop forwards.”

Speaking about coming back to the pro game after a spell with Ulverston McGoff Said “Ulverston have done really well this year and they're moving forward again now, and it was them who really kick-started it for me. I'd finished playing at Barrow, I had a little boy and I'd had an operation on my elbow. But your personal circumstances change, a couple of boys gave me a nudge to go back down there and I really enjoyed it. We were playing really well and winning, and they're a good set of lads. That set me in good stead, and then Canada got in touch with their new coaching set-up and asked if I'd be interested again. I owe Ulverston quite a lot for getting me going again."

"It's been a bit of a chain of events because I'd gone from three Grand Finals with three different clubs, then I signed for Barrow and things changed there. I wasn't playing too much, and with my job and my kid I kind of took a step back from it. It was good to potentially finish on a high playing international, but for Whitehaven to come in and speak to me, it's good to finally have that opportunity to hopefully finish on a high."
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2019, 08:41:50 am
Welcome to haven marra
born and bred haven.

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2019, 10:33:02 am
Welcome to Whitehaven marra , all we ask is you give it your best marra

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular