• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 13 Jan 2019, 04:51:56 pm
And your thoughts are.......
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2019, 04:53:53 pm
Well done Town. It could be a long season.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2019, 04:58:29 pm
It could be a long season.

Seriously? Based on a pre season friendly and a game you weren’t at?  The mind boggles

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2019, 04:59:41 pm
Not the attitude u need for a derby I’m afraid I know it’s first game but a lot need to look at themselves after that

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2019, 05:00:13 pm
Only based on Radio commentary seems we were "clunky" and the timing a little off. Also Town play their small pitch well. We still have Phillips Parker & Taylor to come in which will tighten up the left edge.

Far too early to throw toys out of pram.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2019, 05:04:57 pm
Was at the game town just looked better with ball in hand they wer better today can’t argue a new team takes time to gel they wer at full strength we had 4-5 starters missing

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2019, 05:42:42 pm
Just back. Disappointing result, but were definitely second best today.
Tom Wilkinson went well for his first pro game and took a lot of ball in. Shacks played 70 minutes or so and for me he was our MOM.
I know it’s early days, but the one criticism I would have is that Jordan Burns needs to be at FB. We looked all at sea from their kick throughs over our line and Jordan Is as safe as houses at the back.
Only my opinion I’m not the coach😂
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2019, 07:25:10 pm by touchjudge57 »

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2019, 05:52:44 pm
What ever the score was today it has given todays players game time, plus the coach's will have learned a lot from watching todays game.

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2019, 06:03:48 pm
Considering we have only had 3 training sessions with ball in hand, pretty much a new team, our 2 first choice centres out and Brett Phillips who should make plenty of yards I didn't think we were that bad, plenty of effort but lacking structure and direction which will come. Bulman looks a good prospect, and agree Jordan burns should be full back. 5 weeks till the start of the season not worried in the slightest.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2019, 06:12:39 pm
Our HB and Hookers didnt get the ball moving quick enough and when they did they made poor choices.

Cant help but think that although excellent players individually Dion and Phillips arent the combo we need at HB.

Other than Forester im not sure we made a clean line break all day.

Town also moved off their line quickly and slowed the tackle down which resulted in us looking berift of ideas at times.

Had to laugh at how some of the Town fans celebrated at the end. Jesus Christ!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2019, 06:13:06 pm
One positive in first half tom wilkinson looked a good player took plenty of ball in

Offline Booga20

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2019, 06:56:22 pm
Considering we have only had 3 training sessions with ball in hand, pretty much a new team, our 2 first choice centres out and Brett Phillips who should make plenty of yards I didn't think we were that bad, plenty of effort but lacking structure and direction which will come. Bulman looks a good prospect, and agree Jordan burns should be full back. 5 weeks till the start of the season not worried in the slightest.

Was Jason not a first choice center last year what happened to earn your shirt

Offline woodhousewarrior

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 13 Jan 2019, 06:59:58 pm
Missing that guy in the middle and it shows big style giving the half backs that platform to work on.

Mcgoff got some stick

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 13 Jan 2019, 07:19:48 pm
As good an individual player that Callum is, if we are basing our game around him as our main half we will struggle. He’s just not that type of organisational player that drives teams round the field. Brilliant at the off the cuff stuff but not a “game plan” executor.

Popularsider13

Reply #14 on: 13 Jan 2019, 07:30:26 pm
Missing that guy in the middle and it shows big style giving the half backs that platform to work on.

Mcgoff got some stick

Let's be honest, McGoff was awful.

Think today showed how much you'll miss that bald headed fat fella that left.