HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Surely NOT!!!!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2019, 05:10:02 pm

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2019, 05:20:37 pm
Jessy wouldn't of played at Workington on Sunday as he had a slight hamstring the club are hoping that the rfl will have the visa before the weekend not sure why the Whitehaven news have printed that.
born and bred haven.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2019, 05:23:56 pm
Probably wrote that because he hasn't got his visa

Offline Millomite

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2019, 10:05:02 am
I thought that both Jesse and Dion had three year visas?

Reply #60 on: 21 Jan 2018, 06:02:38 PM

In this occasion blame (if we can call it that) lies on both parts slightly. Dion lost his TB Certificate which held us up as he had to go for a new one and the club as most are aware don't have much spare money due to lack of sponsorship and support at events.
  I more than anyone am probably the most frustrated in this situation it has taken alot out of my personal time to get it sorted. When I put out that we would be great full of any financial support towards this I didn't expect alot of these responses but on the other hand I can fully understand them. Dions visa was done as soon as he received his TB certificate but I was un aware of the changes to the High Commission in PNG. They use to have three appointments dates a month one at the beginning one in the middle one at the end but they have dropped this down to just one a month sometimes two in busier months, meaning the next time they could get an appointment was the 15th Feb. I had already paid for Dions visa as you pay before they give you a date and time to attend which cost £1700 and you have to request a refund so we are unsure if we will get that back. After speaking to the home office and various other visa officials they suggested flying them over to Brisbane where the decisions if paid for at a priority price are made within 5 days. After speaking to Carl and the board we decided this was the best option. Theses visas will last 3 year now if that is at all any kind of consolation.

I know this situation is far from ideal and I hope I have cleared it up a little for you all I am more than happy to speak to anyone privately that has any other concerns.

Amanda