HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bar prices

Mk1 · 5 · 1026

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
on: 17 Mar 2019, 06:02:52 pm
Bar prices up again this season (50p on a pint of lager) which in itself is bad enough but wha idiot thought of adding on £1 deposit for  a plastic glasswhich if   the club don' t get  free from the brewery must cost pennies and as most people previously left them in the club anyway ,they were easily collected. Putting this stupid tax on a glass just pi55es people off but I suppose gets the kids who go around scavenging for them a bit of pocket money. Not one of the best P.R. ideas the club have come up with. :shake: : :grrr:

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2019, 07:05:00 pm
Totally agree pal. It’s a crazy idea. I bought a pint at half time but couldn’t be bothered to collect my £1 so I left my plastic cup on the terraces. No way was I going back in the bar for a quid.  >:( >:(

Offline KCR

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2019, 09:48:00 am
Most Clubs do deposits Whitehaven are just catching up, it is making people responsible

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2019, 02:19:28 pm
Most Clubs do deposits Whitehaven are just catching up, it is making people responsible

Maybe a idea to introduce a membership loyalty card as WBH. Egremont and Kells have for members, pay £20 a season and in return you get a 20p discount on all beers from the pump, that's if the club have a decent profit margin sorted with the brewery.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2019, 02:29:22 pm

Maybe a idea to introduce a membership loyalty card as WBH. Egremont and Kells have for members, pay £20 a season and in return you get a 20p discount on all beers from the pump, that's if the club have a decent profit margin sorted with the brewery.

You could always join the Vice Presidents and get a 10% discount on your drink.

Des