HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

First 17

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
on: 18 Mar 2019, 12:51:42 pm
Given the win over Doncaster with some players missing,, What would be our best 17 given noinjuries?

The back 5 would’ve a combination of Burns, Bulman, Parker, Mossop, Taylor, and Thompson but 6 into 5 will not go.... at half back CPhillips, Forrester and Aiye, again 2 into 3 , In the front row Shackley, Coward, Kelly, McGoff  Thompson and While with Dowsett and Newton taking the number 9 slot
back row of Moore, B Phillips, Wilkinson, Maudling, Holliday, it looks like we have cover for all positions for the first time in quite a few years

for me

Burns,
Bulman, Parker Taylor Thompson
forrester, C Phillips
Shapley Dowsett Thompson
Moore BPhillips
Aiye

newton Coward. mossop Kelly

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2019, 01:22:02 pm
Given the win over Doncaster with some players missing,, What would be our best 17 given noinjuries?

The back 5 would’ve a combination of Burns, Bulman, Parker, Mossop, Taylor, and Thompson but 6 into 5 will not go.... at half back CPhillips, Forrester and Aiye, again 2 into 3 , In the front row Shackley, Coward, Kelly,
McGoff  Thompson and While with Dowsett and Newton taking the number 9 slot
back row of Moore, B Phillips, Wilkinson, Maudling, Holliday, it looks like we have cover for all positions for the first time in quite a few years

for me

Burns,
forrester, C Phillips
Shapley Dowsett Thompson
Moore BPhillips
Aiye

Tom Wilkinson has got to be in the 17. IMO you can’t afford to carry a back on the bench so Mossop would miss out.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2019, 01:54:27 pm

The back 5 would’ve a combination of Burns, Bulman, Parker, Mossop, Taylor, and Thompson but 6 into 5 will not go.... at half back CPhillips, Forrester and Aiye, again 2 into 3 , In the front row Shackley, Coward, Kelly, McGoff  Thompson and While with Dowsett and Newton taking the number 9 slot

for me

Burns,
forrester, C Phillips
Shapley Dowsett Thompson
Moore BPhillips
Aiye

What about Jake Bradley and Lewis Brown as well? Nice headache for the Coach, the luxury of having a choice.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2019, 02:53:28 pm
Most interesting point here is that we appear to have a squad that is well put together, adaptable, local, has depth, experience and youth mix, and is flexible.

Lets hope I'm right and they stick with the club rather than walk out if the coach leaves them out on occasions.