HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ellis Gillam

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 05 Jul 2019, 06:56:39 am
Whitehaven RLFC are delighted to announce the signing of Barrow born second rower Ellis Gillam. Ellis re-joins the club from Championship side Rochdale after starring in Havens 2018 League One campaign. Whitehaven RLFC have been on the lookout for a second row forward since the North Wales game during which the club lost second rowers Scott McAvoy and Jake Moore to injury which added to the previous week’s loss to injury of Brett Phillips.

Ellis is delighted to have re-joined a squad that’s sitting top of the league and stated “I am very happy to be back up at Whitehaven and playing once again with my mates. I can’t wait to hopefully be selected and play rugby with a smile on my face in what is a tight knit group”.
Ellis was very well liked by the club, players and supporters during his previous year with the club and he will fit in well with the current squad and this is another signing that complements the ethos of the club.

Assistant coach Jonty Gorley had this to say on Ellis’s capture “Ellis is a very good player to join the squad at this stage in the season, especially with the backrow forwards we currently have injured. He has played at a higher level already this season so brings that experience into the squad. He is a fit lad who runs a good line and is a very welcome addition to what is already a great squad of lads”.

This signing was made possible by the Whitehaven RL Ladies Committee and the club would like to extend our gratitude for this support. The club and the Ladies Committee have a great bond, they have been fantastic supporters for the club and long may this continue. The club would urge the fans to continue supporting the Ladies Committee fundraising ventures as this signing shows just what can be achieved.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2019, 08:12:29 am
welcome back to haven ellis marra well done to the ladies committee.
born and bred haven.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2019, 09:33:10 am
Was great last time here hopefully kicks on from where he left off

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2019, 10:19:33 am
Good player, good effort by the club and ladies section, good timing, good to see him back, good luck Ellis.

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 05 Jul 2019, 11:31:26 am
Welcome back Ellis and a big well done to the Ladies committee
Great young lad who I’ve never seen give anything less than 100%
Should slot right back in the squad most of whom he’s played along side in the past

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 05 Jul 2019, 04:00:30 pm
not many clubs appeal to players once they leave, shows players realise what a great enviroment we have at WRLFC welcolme back and lets kick on  :tip: