• Haven Immortal
on: 31 Mar 2019, 04:43:15 pm

Full Time Score:  Haven 21 - Rochdale 22

Your thoughts..........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:06:35 pm
To be honest not to bothered been out the cup.  But that is a very poor team we went out to, should have been a comfortable 20 win. 

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:07:57 pm
If we learn from this then we will move forward. However the RL really need to reintroduce referees assessors for our league. Him today was shocking.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:16:01 pm
If we learn from this then we will move forward. However the RL really need to reintroduce referees assessors for our league. Him today was shocking.

The linesmen didn't help him once though, he was bad, but wasn't the reason we lost.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:20:57 pm
Heartbreaking Danny ab strikes again! Didn't deserve too loose but that's what happens when you switch off in games

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2019, 05:24:27 pm
Can’t believe we lost that at the death. At 21-12 up we looked certain of victory. Just wished we’d ran the ball at 19-12 up instead of going for 2pts. We had them on the rack at that point.

Still good effort from the lads. A more important game next week. There N16 looked a handful mind.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2019, 06:07:29 pm
Two things...…

It's bad enough for our team trying to beat the opposition, but when we also have someone in charge of the clock who makes a mess of that too it becomes harder. Don't tell me the wrong time being displayed didn't matter. Seeing your 9 points up with only one min to go is bound to distract you somewhat. The the clock goes blank....they score a try and the clock comes back on showing three mins to go. What's the point of all that I ask.

Second...we played well, outplayed them for most of the game, deserved to win, but if you have to learn a hard lesson then best do it in that cup game. Next week is more important by far.

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2019, 06:26:28 pm
Gutted to lose with the last kick of the game but couldn't fault the effort from the lads at all, great effort, just ran out of steam and made a few naive mistakes towards the end.

Missing the kick to touch from a penalty followed by giving away a penalty, trying to push Rochdale off their last scrum near their line (even if done legally is still risky) and not drilling the ball to touch with our last set to waste a few vital seconds and are the ones that spring to mind.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2019, 06:39:13 pm
Two things...…

It's bad enough for our team trying to beat the opposition, but when we also have someone in charge of the clock who makes a mess of that too it becomes harder. Don't tell me the wrong time being displayed didn't matter. Seeing your 9 points up with only one min to go is bound to distract you somewhat. The the clock goes blank....they score a try and the clock comes back on showing three mins to go. What's the point of all that I ask.

Second...we played well, outplayed them for most of the game, deserved to win, but if you have to learn a hard lesson then best do it in that cup game. Next week is more important by far.

The clock on the scoreboard is nothing to do with the Official Time, it's set off at the start of each half, but is not stopped when the Ref stops the clock. So it's just a approx time.

HW

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2019, 06:50:55 pm
Well they need to get rid of it that was a shambles

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 31 Mar 2019, 07:05:07 pm
Can't blame anyone but ourselves marra.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 31 Mar 2019, 08:35:07 pm
we bossed that game today best team by far very shoddy last 5 mins ...did we think we were home and dry?  would be more naffed off it was a league game...onwards and upwards we move on but i believe we are a team who can surprise a few in L1

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #12 on: 31 Mar 2019, 08:40:23 pm
Haven Warrior...THE CLOCK....I know that, but it's still an un-necessary and confusing disruption to players and spectators enjoyment of the game if it's handled in such a chaotic way as it was today

79 mins haven 9 points to the good

Rochdale score and the clock goes off, just before Abrams kick which he misses

Clock comes on again just after the restart, ….showing three mins to go.

Rochdale score again and kick goal

Clock now shows one min to go and then right away the hooter goes.

As I walk through Kells end nearly everyone is on about the clock.

If it's handled like that .....may as well keep the bloo*dy think switched off. Also whats to stop someone stopping the clock whenever the ref signals to the time keeper, then it's display would be accurate and of some blo*dy use to the team and spectators....the people who it's there to inform anyway.

Shambles. In my trips to London Bronco's they always kill the clock 10 mins before the end....to avoid the shambles we seem happy to carry on with.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2019, 08:48:42 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 31 Mar 2019, 09:42:53 pm
Let’s be honest the lads would know the correct time because they’re in constant contact with the match official.

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 31 Mar 2019, 09:55:53 pm
Haven Warrior...THE CLOCK....I know that, but it's still an un-necessary and confusing disruption to players and spectators enjoyment of the game if it's handled in such a chaotic way as it was today

79 mins haven 9 points to the good

Rochdale score and the clock goes off, just before Abrams kick which he misses

Clock comes on again just after the restart, ….showing three mins to go.

Rochdale score again and kick goal

Clock now shows one min to go and then right away the hooter goes.

As I walk through Kells end nearly everyone is on about the clock.

If it's handled like that .....may as well keep the bloo*dy think switched off. Also whats to stop someone stopping the clock whenever the ref signals to the time keeper, then it's display would be accurate and of some blo*dy use to the team and spectators....the people who it's there to inform anyway.

Shambles. In my trips to London Bronco's they always kill the clock 10 mins before the end....to avoid the shambles we seem happy to carry on with.

We can’t even get someone to operate the scoreboard to its full capabilities, never mind look after the clock. The Tannoy Op is updating the Clubs Social Media in real time, as well as doing the announcements, among his other match day duties. All Voluntary, as well.

HW