HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Rochdale CCR4 - Match Reaction

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 31 Mar 2019, 10:02:49 pm
Can't believe  we threw that away, we were the better team throughout but **** poor tackling gifted them the tries. Rochdale didn't look like a team in a division above us. Can't blame the ref, it was in our hands to win that. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Offline Booga20

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 01 Apr 2019, 01:23:31 am
Haven Warrior...THE CLOCK....I know that, but it's still an un-necessary and confusing disruption to players and spectators enjoyment of the game if it's handled in such a chaotic way as it was today

Your Jordan try’s he’s best

79 mins haven 9 points to the good

Rochdale score and the clock goes off, just before Abrams kick which he misses

Clock comes on again just after the restart, ….showing three mins to go.

Rochdale score again and kick goal

Clock now shows one min to go and then right away the hooter goes.

As I walk through Kells end nearly everyone is on about the clock.

If it's handled like that .....may as well keep the bloo*dy think switched off. Also whats to stop someone stopping the clock whenever the ref signals to the time keeper, then it's display would be accurate and of some blo*dy use to the team and spectators....the people who it's there to inform anyway.

Shambles. In my trips to London Bronco's they always kill the clock 10 mins before the end....to avoid the shambles we seem happy to carry on with.

We can’t even get someone to operate the scoreboard to its full capabilities, never mind look after the clock. The Tannoy Op is updating the Clubs Social Media in real time, as well as doing the announcements, among his other match day duties. All Voluntary, as well.

HW

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 01 Apr 2019, 09:36:55 am
Well I didn't see that coming. Well done to both teams.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #18 on: 01 Apr 2019, 12:06:37 pm
Gutted is an understatement to dominant a game for so long and to lose is hard to take. But on a positive note we have another game Sunday to lift us and can now concentrate on the league which is far more important than a long haul that might cost us again massive game Sunday v Hunslet let's move on.
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #19 on: 01 Apr 2019, 04:55:16 pm
Abram dishing out some of the same stuff he laid on town last year...… kicked our ar*e with last action of the game. Case of what goes around comes around you could say.