HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New signing next week.

Offline HARLFC

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 14 Apr 2019, 09:11:54 pm
Didn't Levy play for Hull FC yeserday at Catalans?

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 14 Apr 2019, 10:22:32 pm
Didn't Levy play for Hull FC yeserday at Catalans?

He did cant see it being him

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2019, 03:04:45 pm
Getting a bit tight if we are hoping to see this new signing before friday, any names/position yet revealed?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 16 Apr 2019, 03:05:44 pm
Signing announced tomorrow morning

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2019, 03:33:41 pm
A well kept secret for once,  hopefully of a big name signing.  Think he will be straight on the squad for Friday and they want town having as little time as possible to look at him.

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 16 Apr 2019, 04:56:36 pm
I can't see it being a big name in be shocked if it is we have gone down the amateur route this year they aren't gonna splash cash on a traveller

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 16 Apr 2019, 05:06:41 pm
I can't see it being a big name in be shocked if it is we have gone down the amateur route this year they aren't gonna splash cash on a traveller

We are potentially going to have taylor and thomo missing as well as Bullman on Friday.  As well as Kelly and while in the forwards.  A loan player to cover either situation should be welcomed by all regardless of where they are from.  Holdiday has been very good coming off the bench as an impact player and he is a miss there, and he has never been a winger when he was far slimmer than he is now.  We need an experienced player imo.  Barrow fans I have spoke to be very surprised if they let Carter go with their injury crisis and two games over Easter.

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 16 Apr 2019, 05:13:27 pm
Paper is saying today that Taylor and dave will be assessed after training this week I don't know about while? I wonder if this is just to stop fans losing interest if our best players are missing

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 16 Apr 2019, 05:28:04 pm
Being assessed with two days before a huge game with basically no replacements.  Sam could cover one,  but would mean moving dion to SO which Charlo doesn't want.  We have also lost size of the bench with Connor unless both are fit.

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 16 Apr 2019, 06:00:02 pm
Very concerned for the middle of the field for us we look very week shacks and coward have been doing well also thomposh but ruori isn't the answer and we can't carry people in games like these where is Lewis brown? We need a big prop as if don't think we are strong enough

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 16 Apr 2019, 06:29:40 pm
Very concerned for the middle of the field for us we look very week shacks and coward have been doing well also thomposh but ruori isn't the answer and we can't carry people in games like these where is Lewis brown? We need a big prop as if don't think we are strong enough

Agree with u about mcgoff but always think Thompson does a good job when he comes on always makes yards

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 16 Apr 2019, 06:35:16 pm
Just watching us v hunslet the other week we had them in our hands then we subbed shacks coward and Brett and then lost the plot and that worries me for this game in Friday against a massive pack we can't have passengers down the middle is where we need to match them as I feel we are much stronger than them everywhere else

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 16 Apr 2019, 07:56:08 pm
Just watching us v hunslet the other week we had them in our hands then we subbed shacks coward and Brett and then lost the plot and that worries me for this game in Friday against a massive pack we can't have passengers down the middle is where we need to match them as I feel we are much stronger than them everywhere else

Think Phillips and shacks are stronger defensively than the subs it showed when the came back on

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 16 Apr 2019, 08:03:23 pm
Would hope coward is on the bench to try and stop moi moi getting on a role.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 16 Apr 2019, 08:18:23 pm
Would hope coward is on the bench to try and stop moi moi getting on a role.
[/Don't think Coward is the answer, for his size he should be punching holes through brick walls but barely breaks a tackle.]