HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Todays game

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 11 Jul 2007, 10:23:24 pm
Whitehaven RLFC don't have the money to realise such ambitions.  We're a part-time team in a league with two full-time teams, both of which have a roster of experienced ex-SL players who could probably compete at that level again should they get the opportunity.  Our geographical isolation also means we're never going to attract the quality players without paying big money for them, which we don't have.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2007, 08:35:14 am
You are quite right marra, but do you detect an air of pessimism this season that hasn't existed in previous ones? We were always capable of pulling something off imo, but this year we look jaded, devoid of ideas, flair and dare I say it, passion. Why is it that most other (inferior?!) teams seem to be more adept at varying their tactics at will, offloading, quick play the balls, slowing play down? On Sunday, Sheffields quick passing and sharpness caught us on the hop more than once, a better team (i.e Widnes, Cas) would have hammered us. Perhaps DR has taken us as far as he can! More and more people, even the die hards are sick of this one man rugby (indeed some are even venting their frustrations by writing to the Whitehaven News). The team is capable of better, this has as been proved in recent seasons, perhaps the coaches tactics need to be questioned?

Till next time.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 12 Jul 2007, 09:43:06 pm
I  agree.  We  just  haven't  the  forwards  to  play  1  man  stuff.  If  we  had  a  team  full  of  rampaging  forwrads  such  as  Andy  Hobbs,  Watene  or  Alex  rowe  the  maybe  but  we  haven't.  Thats  why  a  prop +  2nd  row  is  a  must  before  the  deadline.  Failing  that  we  have  to  move  the ball  about  like  Sheffield did.  We  have  the  quickest  wing  pairing  in  NL1  but  they  hardly  get  a  run. :(

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #18 on: 12 Jul 2007, 11:56:50 pm
 It said in one of the RL papers we were in for James Coyle as he's wanting to go part time and works for BNFL. Thank God Oldham got him. I watched him play for Widnes last season several times and he was aweful!! Is that the calibre of player we should be looking for?! I think not.  >:(
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.