HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Old Programes & Shirts

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
on: 07 May 2011, 08:02:53 am
Anyone in possesion of old shirts and 48-49 season Haven programes who are willing to sell, please PM me. Im particularily interested in the programe v Hull (1st game).

Thanks

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 17 May 2011, 03:56:35 pm
Anyone in possesion of old shirts and 48-49 season Haven programes who are willing to sell, please PM me. Im particularily interested in the programe v Hull (1st game).

Thanks
i was just looking at the weekend at my collection there are about 5 boxes of programmes etc that have been passed down and others i have collected. there are some paper thin ones in there i have the haven v hull 1st game the 1957 semi final v leeds haven v australia 1965 signed haven v new zealand but sorry i dont think i could part with them. i must have close to 1000 programmes from haven to great britain and wembley finals. i remember talking to sam coulter he said he was missing 1 from his collection which i had a wembley final i couldnt part with it. just looking back i could sit for hours reading them. over 60 years of programmes
born and bred haven.

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 17 May 2011, 07:01:17 pm

Thanks
i was just looking at the weekend at my collection there are about 5 boxes of programmes etc that have been passed down and others i have collected. there are some paper thin ones in there i have the haven v hull 1st game the 1957 semi final v leeds haven v australia 1965 signed haven v new zealand but sorry i dont think i could part with them. i must have close to 1000 programmes from haven to great britain and wembley finals. i remember talking to sam coulter he said he was missing 1 from his collection which i had a wembley final i couldnt part with it. just looking back i could sit for hours reading them. over 60 years of programmes
always thought you were at the first match shaun :D
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 17 May 2011, 08:17:30 pm
cheers tattie unfortunatly i couldnt make the hull game in 1949 just a bit before my time :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 17 May 2011, 09:23:57 pm
Whilst the old programmes are thin they are interesting to look through from time to time. The first away match in 48/9 is one i've got

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 17 May 2011, 10:07:49 pm
to true leef, the shops the pubs and the telephone numbers

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 04 Jun 2019, 01:52:40 pm
im looking for a programme whitehaven v oldham game on the 29th august 1959 in the lancashire cup. a friend of mine asking for a copy if anyone has one.
born and bred haven.

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2019, 04:43:32 pm
im looking for a programme whitehaven v oldham game on the 29th august 1959 in the lancashire cup. a friend of mine asking for a copy if anyone has one.
interestingly the Whitehaven News had a picture of this match in the  News about 2 weeks ago.
I could pick out "Burly" Bill Smith and Harry Hughes who looked as though he was scoring a try at the Kells End and a mate of mine thought the other 2 in the pic was Ron Morgan and Bruno Davies. anyone know the score and attendance?--the pop side looked packed!
El Tel

Online eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 04 Jun 2019, 07:41:17 pm
interestingly the Whitehaven News had a picture of this match in the  News about 2 weeks ago.
I could pick out "Burly" Bill Smith and Harry Hughes who looked as though he was scoring a try at the Kells End and a mate of mine thought the other 2 in the pic was Ron Morgan and Bruno Davies. anyone know the score and attendance?--the pop side looked packed!
El Tel

Game was played 29th August 1959 Haven won 23-5. Oldham were the cup holders. Haven then got a bye to semi final where we lost at home to St Helens 2-18 in front of 12500. Saints were then beaten 4-5 in the final by Wigan.

Des