HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Coventry Bears 9.6.19

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 09 Jun 2019, 04:40:26 pm
A home win over Coventry Bears.

The kicking boots weren't playing a big part today for Haven - however, a win is a win.  Still top of the League

Your thoughts?
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2019, 05:03:38 pm
Can't judge as unable to be there today but sounds like a dominant 2nd half after a poor 1st have to say well done to the faithfull again another great crowd of over 900 the clubs on the up

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2019, 05:48:42 pm
A wins a win the saying goes but we only played in short spells today, not sure what our completion rate was but I bet it was way down from what it should be at home against teams Lower down the table. That said when we played more direct we looked very good.
The pack today went well and look like a very good unit, and when the ball is moved out wide we have the backs who can inflict some damage. Thought our defence today wasn’t it’s usual tight unit and we let them in for a couple of cheap try’s, looking at the Bears you can see why they’ve turned a few over mind.
I thought forrester and Dowsett were outstanding today
When we put in a Full 80 minutes we will run up a big score.
Considering we rested 4 it shows the strength of the squad we’ve built this season

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2019, 05:50:11 pm
Poor first half performance, and although scored well in the second, we were 'patchy' in how we played it.
When we broke straight from the play the balls we tore them apart, and on such occasions the back up play was there to carry us forwards.

When we tried to be more clever we lost our way I felt because there was no enough cohesion and speed in our line play.

Potential in this team to destroy other teams, (even the better ones), but to do so we have to have a consistent game plan based on our clear forward power and the speed and cohesion to build on it. Too many dropped balls and poor play decisions still at the moment.

However, never felt we were in any danger of loosing this one. Coventry a very entertaining team.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2019, 07:02:03 pm
Was like a re-run of the Skolars game. 1st half poor. They had 2 scoring chances and took them both.

2nd half far better. 2 tries first 10 set the platform . Fair play to Coventry . Their ever improving and it’s good to see clubs like them and Skolars getting better.

Newcastle next week and if we don’t improve I don’t rate our chances . Well done for today 👍

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 09 Jun 2019, 07:31:09 pm
Hard work starts here. We have all of the top 8 bar Oldham and Town to play away from home.

Its going to be close.

I think we need to win at least 6 or 7 games providing we beat Hunslet.

Can we do it?

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 09 Jun 2019, 08:22:00 pm
1 game at a time

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 09 Jun 2019, 09:21:45 pm
gary wasn't a happy chappy after the game saying the team was drifting away from the game plan too much.a veryvery angry coach not pleased at all.

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 09 Jun 2019, 09:51:11 pm
have to say very poor today,we need to start and end games with the same intensity. :tip: the 1st half today was very poor and we gave Coventry reason to believe they could win this game.
luckily we seemed to come out the second half with a different attitude, maybe this was down to charlo's halftime team talk. but if this is so I feel he should be giving it before kickoff.
all in all job done 2 points in the bag ,top of the league.somehwere I didn't think we would be at the start of the season so well done to all concerned.
BUT can we please have an 80 minute performance next week (we will need it ) :tip: :tip: :tip:

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 09 Jun 2019, 10:23:00 pm
Good second half today  and with Oldham getting hammered at donny tonight I reckon 6 wins from our last 10 will be enough to win the league

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2019, 08:16:40 am
again a poor 1st half but charlos words again done the trick solid 2nd half. i had the choice of picking the man of the match very hard with only bulman shining 1st half. 2nd half was tough with forrester and dion taking charge, but my choice went to jake moore who with his breaks and 2 trys edged it. another 2 points a very big game next week. looking good at the minute lets keep it going.
born and bred haven.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2019, 04:38:23 pm
Good second half today  and with Oldham getting hammered at donny tonight I reckon 6 wins from our last 10 will be enough to win the league

Providing we beat Hunslet away your probably right.

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2019, 06:03:27 pm
If we can give 80 min performances away from home we should not fear anything we are proving currently we have the best squad and we will be tested soon so I hope and I think the boys know away from home we are gonna have to improve big style but playing for just 40 mins every game is saying somthing about the class of this squad