HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

David Seeds leaves whitehaven ?

Guest · 34 · 2905

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 13 Jul 2007, 03:51:18 pm
No wonder there is trouble in camp, for starters how many different stories on this thread alone about Seeds.
No wonder there is so many rumours flying about when we here nothing but ****e!  Why can some one not just come on and tell us the truth. Tell you why, because we the fans are not thought of.
As long as us sheep pay our fees thats all the club are concerned about?
The communication between club and fans is appalling.
  >:(

If  a  player  falls  out  with  the  club  they  just  say  he's  injured. :o

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 13 Jul 2007, 04:07:45 pm
well he is defo playing in the u21 tomorrow so i dont think thats falling out with the club..some one had to miss out and from what i hear he did not want to be 18th man
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 13 Jul 2007, 04:44:15 pm
its terrible that seeds isnt in the 17 but we need our players that will be in the 17 to gain experience of a big occasion like sunday as we will be in many more :)  but not under the wing of DR it has to be said!

popularsider

Reply #18 on: 13 Jul 2007, 05:54:08 pm
seeds went training he was told he would not be playing sunday he said whats the point in me training then

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 13 Jul 2007, 05:59:27 pm
Usually I only read all the stuff put on the site , but due to some of the comments that are flying around at the moment I just had to say something. There is so much rubbish going around its ridiculous, so here are just a few ideas:

1. We have NEVER been in a cup final in our history so why are so many people complaining instead of celebrating?
2. DR has not set the world on fire in the past two seasons (so far!) however at the same time when you consider the location, the size and the financial resources of the club he hasn't done a great deal wrong. At the end of the day DR does not drop the ball, make a forward pass, miss a tackle, make a high shot, etc, etc. (and I'm sure he doesn't coach all those things either).
3. And as for all these players that are leaving and threatening to leave, if they want it that bad then let them go. DR can only pich 17 players in his TEAM (thats right TEAM, not a bunch of individuals). If a player is not being picked then he should either work harder to get in the team or bugger off and stop rocking the boat. The thing that has annoyed me more is the behaviour of people like Lester and Seeds who should know better and should know how to deal with these situations in a professional manner. Not everyone can have what they want all the time, I agree that Seeds has an arguement ( r Jackson is not playing great at the moment, played better in second row though) but surely he has the ability to deal with it better than this if all the stories are true.

Lets all stop complaining and get behind the team that is picked, whatever it may be. As far as I can see with the exception of one or two issues maybe the team generally picks itself.

Lets all go and enjoy our first cup final victory!!!!

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:08:53 pm
I could not agree more with everything you have said.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:21:21 pm
It  is  amazing  that  were  in  a  final  and  yet  there's  so  much  mudslinging  on  here  at  the  moment.

Thing  is  though  its  the  league  thats  the  most  important.  The  NRC  final  is  a  nice  distraction  and  a  weekend  away  for  some  but  I  would  rather  take  3pts  of  Widnes  next  week  than  this  cup.

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:33:49 pm
I agree with the comment about the three points in the league!

But lets be honest we have waited so long to win a competition outright (league leaders trophy was not the end of that competition). I would rarther win the game this week than the one next week.

Offline Herberts Lad

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:41:31 pm
To put the record straight regarding the the nonsense being aired regarding David Seeds I can assure fellow corespondants of the following

David has no plans at this stage to leave Whitehaven RLFC

David does not walk out of training, he missed training due to feeling unwell and is now on prescribed antibiotics for tonsillitis.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:48:43 pm
Usually I only read all the stuff put on the site , but due to some of the comments that are flying around at the moment I just had to say something. There is so much rubbish going around its ridiculous, so here are just a few ideas:

1. We have NEVER been in a cup final in our history so why are so many people complaining instead of celebrating?
2. DR has not set the world on fire in the past two seasons (so far!) however at the same time when you consider the location, the size and the financial resources of the club he hasn't done a great deal wrong. At the end of the day DR does not drop the ball, make a forward pass, miss a tackle, make a high shot, etc, etc. (and I'm sure he doesn't coach all those things either).
3. And as for all these players that are leaving and threatening to leave, if they want it that bad then let them go. DR can only pich 17 players in his TEAM (thats right TEAM, not a bunch of individuals). If a player is not being picked then he should either work harder to get in the team or bugger off and stop rocking the boat. The thing that has annoyed me more is the behaviour of people like Lester and Seeds who should know better and should know how to deal with these situations in a professional manner. Not everyone can have what they want all the time, I agree that Seeds has an arguement ( r Jackson is not playing great at the moment, played better in second row though) but surely he has the ability to deal with it better than this if all the stories are true.

Lets all stop complaining and get behind the team that is picked, whatever it may be. As far as I can see with the exception of one or two issues maybe the team generally picks itself.

well said marra,, far to much garbage on here the last 3/4 weeks

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #25 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:22:56 pm

Well said marra you ticked all the boxes haha  :D ;D

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #26 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:58:03 pm
David Seeds has been one of (if not the most) proffessional, dedicated and successful players at Whitehaven RLFC over the past ten years.

Whatever gives some people on this site the right to invent stories and rumours about David and his approach to the club, and thus call into question his proffessional standing and character.

David is part of the heart of the club, wants the best for the club, and would do nothing to rock the boat at this important time.

When there is something to be said, it will be said I believe. Until then, shut up and stop inventing stories. ......simply enjoy the success the players are bringing to the club. The other club 8 miles up the road would dearly love to be in our position.

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 13 Jul 2007, 09:08:44 pm

WELL SAID COULD'NT AGREE MORE .

:o :o :o :o
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #28 on: 13 Jul 2007, 09:15:17 pm
I agree with most of the stuff in your post but Seeds & Lester haven't done anything wrong , haven't heard either being derogatory about DR or slagging the club off .......... I know for certain that neither of these two guys are the source of all the info about unrest in the camp, be it real or fiction.

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 13 Jul 2007, 10:21:00 pm
If stories and rummours have absolutely no grounding I couldn't be any happier. I have great respect and always have had for Lester (one of the greatest players we have ever had) and Seeds (our top try scorer), but where are all of these quotes and stories coming from. Is it that people are just completely making up all of these tales? Why would somebody post the statement 'David Seeds Leaves Whitehaven?' and why would Lester walk away from the club he has loved for ten years, in his testimonial year, with a cup final coming up and only three months or so to go in his final year? He said that he didn't want to take up a place in the under 21's, thats fine. But would he have been in the under 21's? What if Smith, Matty and Sice had all picked up long term injuries against Sheffield, would Lester have been happy for the club to have spent the rest of the season with no number 9?

There has to be something behind all this rumour! I agree that is wrong, negative, distracting and disrespectful, but I'm only commenting on it. I didn't start it