• Haven Immortal
on: 16 Jun 2019, 04:52:52 pm
Off you go.........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Keno89

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2019, 04:56:19 pm
Unlucky, the effort was there!
Missing kicks to touch is criminal, needs sorting.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2019, 05:02:07 pm
Very unlucky not the end of the world had trys disolowed and pens missed to touch sort that we will be ok heads up put it right next week in style 

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2019, 05:03:10 pm
Sounded like the effort was there but daft penalties  and basic ball handling skills let us down -again.Big response  needed from now to end of season by team and coaches.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2019, 05:04:04 pm
Too many mistakes knock ons etc, sounds like Dion had a horrendous game. But overall a great effort.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2019, 05:15:55 pm
Also as per previous seasons we need  to show a bit of guile when near the opposition  line, had the chances but couldn't turn them into points. Need to find another magician.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2019, 05:27:35 pm
We need a recognised no6 with the guile of Sam Obstacle, Clayton Friend or the legendary Boxer walker. Surely in West Cumbria RL we have one of these hopefuls. Anyhow let’s move on and get the 2 points next week

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2019, 05:50:40 pm
move onto next week, 2 other big games town v oldham and keighley v scholars.....will see how things pan out as we should have a comfortable win at home, lets take each weekend as they come, any win on the road and we will be back on track....

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 16 Jun 2019, 06:13:28 pm
We need a recognised no6 with the guile of Sam Obstacle, Clayton Friend or the legendary Boxer walker. Surely in West Cumbria RL we have one of these hopefuls. Anyhow let’s move on and get the 2 points next week

To be fair if there is/was anyone with the guile of those you mentioned they would be snapped up by a SL club before we even had a chance to talk with them.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2019, 06:35:35 pm
I was stuck at work work so only heard clips from the game . Sounded like we made a good effort but let in a couple of very soft tries.

Defensively we’ve been very good this season . It’s in attack  that’s the main worry. Very little cutting  edge or composure near their line.. Yeah we miss an Obst or even Joel Penny who was a cracking N.7 but last week Coventry had a nippy halfback who caused us all sorts of problems. Think Newcastle snapped him up and might have played against us today..

Still we move on and hopefully a win next week . I would defo have taken this at the start of the season.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2019, 08:36:18 pm
Missed opportunity for me.

We should have been a couple of tries ahead at half time.

Second half we made some poor mistakes, and I think they turned it up a notch while we failed to cope with the pitch.

Gonna have to beat at least 2 of Hunslet, Donny, Skolars, Keighley away while also winning all our home games now to secure auto promotion.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #11 on: 16 Jun 2019, 09:24:28 pm
I know this is only an opinion, but it is my opinion that we have great forwards play to get us down field, but once we get with striking distance of the opposition line we continue to rely on forward play to the detriment of the backs getting time and space to engineer more subtle play.

Putting it bluntly, I feel the forwards often get in the way of more open fast attacking play in the final eighth of the field in attacking play.

Suspect it a major part of out game tactics to keep using the forwards....but surely executing some plays with them less prevalent in the line may open more space for the backs to be cleverer than they appear to be at the moment.

Just an idea / observation...…..because battering away at the line is frustrating both at home and away.

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 17 Jun 2019, 07:42:02 am
I know this is only an opinion, but it is my opinion that we have great forwards play to get us down field, but once we get with striking distance of the opposition line we continue to rely on forward play to the detriment of the backs getting time and space to engineer more subtle play.

Putting it bluntly, I feel the forwards often get in the way of more open fast attacking play in the final eighth of the field in attacking play.

Suspect it a major part of out game tactics to keep using the forwards....but surely executing some plays with them less prevalent in the line may open more space for the backs to be cleverer than they appear to be at the moment.

Just an idea / observation...…..because battering away at the line is frustrating both at home and away.
Obviously works as were sat at the top of the league .......
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 17 Jun 2019, 09:11:54 am
Were to start on yesterday, this team is playing above expectations so yesterday for me is a right off, last week Dion was un playable yesterday he was awful, that's probably how it goes hey ho. Win next week puts us in a great position with Workington Oldham and Donny Newcastle its in our hands. onto the referee hes probably the worst official av seen in the last year and seemed to be more than friendly with the young Newcastle players. There pitch is a massive advantage to them and there back line is probably as fast as iv seen. with the extra reinforcements there bringing in there gonna be right up there, but as said before I know were id rather be at this point in season.

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 17 Jun 2019, 02:51:32 pm
I thought yesterday was going to be a hard game,however on the day I think the game was there to be won dion had a stinker by his standards and losing brett  were maybe the difference and as for jordans disallowed try,from were we were standing on the 20 mtr line it certainly did not look forward had that try stood then we would definately have gone on to win the game.
we need to rack some points up next week as it might come down to points difference at the end of the season. :tip: :tip: