HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bar service - is the club missing a trick

Mk1 · 7 · 1244

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
on: 04 Aug 2019, 08:54:18 pm
Haven must have THE WORST BAR SERVICE of any club in any league. Got down early and went for a round of drinks, queue was outside clubhouse and down the ramp, 25 mins later got to the bar and doubled up on the round. Finished drinks before start of match but had to queue up again to take back plastic and get deposit-luckily a Haven supporter realised I was only trying to return plastic and not pushing in so let me in front of him. 5 mins before half time went for a drink but queue was again down the ramp, same scenario with waiting time for drink and plastic return. Final whistle , back to bar but gave up and went to March on club. What's the answer, don't know, bigger bar and therefore more pumps but equals more staff.  Other thing that I can't get my head round is the £1 deposit for the plastic which necessitates heaving a member of staff taken away from serving to get the plastic and refund the deposits. Is it worth the inconvenience and frustration to fans for plastic that we probably get for pennies from the brewery. Maybe a board member Dan enlighten me on the business case for this.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2019, 09:41:52 am
Wen we have a big gate expected (Derby game??) get tubs filled with ice and stack with cans/plastic bottles and sell from stations “I’ve seen pubs etc doing this at big venues (Cardiff/ Liverpool/ Newcastle) it’s quick and takes the strain off bar queues. We seem to lack on cashing in on big crowds and loose potential revenue

Offline paulrl66

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2019, 03:05:24 pm
Totally agree with this. Its not just big games it every game you have to queue to get your £1 deposit back. I know people who don't even get a drink now because of it. Everything else at the club at the moment is great but this needs sorted.

Offline KCR

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2019, 09:23:53 pm
The £1 deposit is to try and make everybody responsible for litter

Most rugby clubs do it so why should we be any different

But I agree get bar service with extra staff on big matches again as other clubs do

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 07 Aug 2019, 08:39:56 am
Some games they’ve  been serving drinks just as you go through the turnstiles next to the tea/coffee bit.  You would have thought with a big game they could have put up a beer tent even if it were just serving cans.

As for the £1 for a cup it’s ridiculous. I get a pint at halftime but there’s no way would I queue for 20 mins at the end for a refund. I just leave it on the terrace so a pint is costing me £4.50. If they want to reduce rubbish get loads of bins dotted around the ground  so we have somewhere to put empty cups. It’s not rocket science

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 07 Aug 2019, 10:32:27 am
Some games they’ve  been serving drinks just as you go through the turnstiles next to the tea/coffee bit.  You would have thought with a big game they could have put up a beer tent even if it were just serving cans.

As for the £1 for a cup it’s ridiculous. I get a pint at halftime but there’s no way would I queue for 20 mins at the end for a refund. I just leave it on the terrace so a pint is costing me £4.50. If they want to reduce rubbish get loads of bins dotted around the ground  so we have somewhere to put empty cups. It’s not rocket science
[/Seemingly there was a can bar on Sunday but it RUN OUT OF CANS so most people that were in that queue then joined the clubhouse bar queue further extending the wait for a drink. Agre about the bins, much better than the £1levy, not only would I put my plastic in but I would pick up any left by those too lazy to do so on the way to the bin.]

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 07 Aug 2019, 01:00:13 pm
I went to the 'can bar' at 1430 I finally got served at 1515, missing the first 15 minutes of the match.
There were 3 people behind the counter; 1 passing a can from the fridge, 1 pouring it into a plastic cup and 1 taking payment.
Ridiculous if you ask me
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA