HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Tom Walker

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 13 Sep 2019, 05:07:15 pm
Whitehaven RLFC are delighted to announce the signing of Tom Walker from South Cumbrian Neighbours Barrow Raiders.

Prop Forward Walker who made his professional debut back in 2015 has made 123 appearances  scoring 11 tries for Workington Town and Barrow Raiders and was part of the Barrow Raiders squad that defeated Whitehaven in the League 1 promotion final back in 2017.

Tom has signed a 2 year deal keeping him at the Recreation Ground until the end of the 2021 season.

Walker said "I just can't wait to get started, I've been keeping an eye on the club all year and they've done great. I'm looking forward to working under Charlo & Jonty as I believe massively in a local based team and its working what they are doing. I'm looking forward to catching up with old friends and former team mates. Finally and most importantly retaining championship status and giving a few teams a shock especially when they have to travel up here to the Recre with the solid local team we have. 

Speaking about the signing assistant coach Jonty Gorley said "It's great to have Tom as our first off season signing, this sends out a message that we are a club who is going local again and the acquisition of someone of Tom's calibre proves this. Tom is a formidable front rower who has played in the championship for the last 5 or 6 seasons. His defence is solid and front on he can be quite a force. Tom can do big minutes as well as proved at Barrow last year. As a front row he's still to reach his full potential as he is only in his mid 20's. I coached Tom as a 14/15 year old and could tell then that he had a big future in the game and I'm glad he's came to Whitehaven to continue with that.
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2019, 05:16:10 pm
Welcome to Whitehaven marra
Great to see the Club are investing in the Top Cumbria Talent
Hope to see you Rip it up and enjoy your time at the Recre

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2019, 05:19:28 pm
Great signing, big man and will need a massive pack for the championship