HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Glenn Riley Returns

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 17 Sep 2019, 05:59:58 am
Whitehaven RL can today announce the signing of Glenn Riley on a one year deal as the forward returns to the Recreation Ground.

Glenn had a two year spell with the club making his final appearance in the 2017 play-off final defeat to Barrow before joining the Raiders and spent the last two seasons at Craven Park.

Riley played his junior rugby at Wath Brow Hornets before signing for Warrington Wolves academy. Riley made his professional debut for Swinton Lions back in 2012 and has had spells at the Lions and London Broncos before returning to Cumbria back in 2016.

Riley says, “I’m Delighted to have signed back at my home town club. It feels like there is a real buzz around the place and  the club seems to be going from strength to strength.  Usually after a season your ready for a break and some down time but I can’t wait to get started ready for next season. I Would like to thank every one at barrow especially Paul Crarey and the players for making my last two years so enjoyable.”

Glenn is the second confirmed signing after Tom Walker signed a two year deal last week.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2019, 08:43:49 am
welcome back to the club marra.
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2019, 05:34:41 pm
Was top class when last with us......two years in Championship since then should mean he's a very good signing for haven. Ethan, Shacks Riley and Tom Walker looks an impressive combo. Well done BOD.

And Cumbrian format continues...good.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2019, 05:41:50 pm
We also have While to come back, another big unit.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2019, 06:00:59 pm
Barrow slating him saying he was crap for them and good riddance have to say he was unreal when he was last here hopefully not travelling up that road 4 times a week might help him regain his form

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2019, 06:15:48 pm
Was top class when last with us......two years in Championship since then should mean he's a very good signing for haven. Ethan, Shacks Riley and Tom Walker looks an impressive combo. Well done BOD.

And Cumbrian format continues...good.

Policy will continue to remain that where possible we will target Cumbrian players
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Haven n Proud

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2019, 06:41:19 pm
Ethan hasn’t signed has he? Just a 1 year trial last year. Hope he signs though  :tip:

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 18 Sep 2019, 12:08:15 pm
Barrow slating him saying he was crap for them and good riddance have to say he was unreal when he was last here hopefully not travelling up that road 4 times a week might help him regain his form
He didn’t  do much season just gone but he wasn’t on his own there .Good luck to him it’s how he performs next season that matters to Haven fans .

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #8 on: 18 Sep 2019, 09:06:35 pm
If he's still got it, he can't fail to show it  playing within this squad's 'play for each other, the club and county' mantra.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 18 Sep 2019, 09:08:10 pm
This squad demands 110% weekly and I'm sure they will demand it from Glenn and I'm sure he will rip it up

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 18 Sep 2019, 09:12:01 pm
Nice to see him back but I have slight doubts. He was quick to leave when Barrow beat us in the play off final. Now Barrow have been relegated he was quick to jump ship back to us. Not sure if he’s featured much for Barrow. Never heard his name being mentioned much.

That  said he did a great job 2yrs ago and hopefully will do the same

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2019, 09:40:10 pm
Nice to see him back but I have slight doubts. He was quick to leave when Barrow beat us in the play off final. Now Barrow have been relegated he was quick to jump ship back to us. Not sure if he’s featured much for Barrow. Never heard his name being mentioned much.

Can’t blame the lad for wanting to play at highest level
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 18 Sep 2019, 10:45:46 pm

Same could be said about Tom Walker then really, lads obviously just want to play championship rugby

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #13 on: 19 Sep 2019, 08:19:01 am
these lads are now haven players lets get behind them.
born and bred haven.

Offline Gerry

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 20 Sep 2019, 05:13:38 pm
I think Glenn found the travelling a bit of a bind after he lost his licence and had to beg borrow and steal lifts down. Im sure he will go well for you guys