HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Oldham

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
on: 06 Oct 2019, 05:28:08 pm
Pleased Oldham got promoted today another season in league1 for the big spending geordies them and barrow for promotion next year

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2019, 10:12:29 pm
Newcastle would have struggled to beat South Wales on today's performance 18 errors...

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2019, 09:40:33 am
Hope Oldham find a better ground than the Vestacare, watching the game on RL app it was hard to pick out the pitch markings because of the football lines.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2019, 11:19:27 am
Hope Oldham find a better ground than the Vestacare, watching the game on RL app it was hard to pick out the pitch markings because of the football lines.
Their Whitebank Stadium home which hosted the final, hasn’t been permitted to host Championship games in the past, with a move to Bower Fold, home of Stalybridge Celtic, likely.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2019, 11:07:29 pm
Oldham should just go to boundary park.
Up The Haven

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 08 Oct 2019, 12:55:40 am
In an ideal world staying in Oldham at Boundary Park would be best but I’d imagine the cost of that v Bower Field is substantial.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 08 Oct 2019, 04:12:09 pm
In an ideal world staying in Oldham at Boundary Park would be best but I’d imagine the cost of that v Bower Field is substantial.

Its a trek for me to get to bower fold or 10 mins in a car.
Up The Haven

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2019, 12:14:42 pm
Oldham have signed full-back Dan Abram from Rochdale for the 2020 season.

The 24-year-old scored six tries and kicked 56 goals in 29 games for the Hornets last season.

Abram is the son of former Roughyeds centre Darren Abram, who scored 64 tries in 127 games for the club between 1992-97.

ADVERTISEMENT

Oldham coach Matt Diskin said: “We are delighted to sign Dan, who is a very talented young player.

“He can play in several positions, but he will give us quality and options at full-back and at half-back.

“Full-back is probably his best and favourite spot, although he is very versatile and has played a lot of his rugby at half-back.”

Abram added: “I’m thrilled to be joining Oldham.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Matt has spoken to me on the phone and outlined his plans and I’m looking forward to being coached by him and to being part of the Oldham set-up in the Championship