HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Connor Holliday

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 09 Nov 2019, 07:09:20 am
Whitehaven RL can announce that Connor Holliday has signed a one year contract extension on the back of a successful 2019 season which seen Holliday became an important part of the match day squad.

Holliday who has made 108 appearances in the Chocolate, Blue and Gold after making his debut for the club back in 2015. Holliday's versatility has seen him play second row, centre and on the wing over the last five seasons and with his emergence as a goal kicker alongside Jake Moore and Jordan Burns this season has seen him become an integral part of the squad.

Speaking about signing on for a sixth season down at the Recreation Ground Holliday said "I'm really pleased to have signed for another year. I could never see myself going anywhere else, it’s not an option really. I enjoyed last season and I’m looking forward to starting pre-season. It will be tough in the Championship and we’ll need to step up but I think we’ll go alright."

Head coach Gary Charlton spoke about Holliday's re-signing saying "I’m pleased Connor has signed on again. He’s a good, local lad, still young with the right work ethic, trains hard and looks after himself. He’s great for us as he gives us a number of options with him being able to play in a number of positions. We saw last season that he got better as the season went on and hopefully he’ll kick on again next season“
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 09 Nov 2019, 01:15:22 pm
Decent player who does provide options but we will need more players who can provide a cutting edge in the final third. League was won last year on back of good goal line defense, before the last 3 games out points 4 number was one of the lowest in the division.

Need half backs asap. PNG players? Phillips? Forrester?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 09 Nov 2019, 01:20:37 pm
Agree we need some orgainers desperately who can give some shape to the squad as we wer flat a lot of the time last season so hopefully this gets sorted as we need to attack and defend equally aswell in this league

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2019, 08:53:46 pm
Great we’ve resigned Connor but we need much more. We need to strengthen considerably to have any slightest chance of surviving. The team did great last season but weren’t fully convincing.  Quite a few games we struggled so imagine when Fev Fax Leigh etc etc roll into town 😩. Need maybe 6 very good quality signings to have a decent chance. What we have signed so far does not give me any real confidence sadly

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2019, 09:44:35 am
While I was hoping for a few "big names"   I am not sure we need to put on the black tie just yet! last season we were tipped for 5th or 6th and massively overachieved. The big game changer next season is that a number of clubs in the championship will not have the same access to duel registration which we did not really use. There is nothing in the squads of Dewsbury, Batley, Oldham, Swinton and, to a lesser degree Sheffield & Halifax that would keep me up at night. I accept Leigh, Bradford? Toulouse & York might have too much but I think 6th or 7th in the league is a realistic target