HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Karl Dixon

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 13 Nov 2019, 08:04:00 am
Whitehaven RL are delighted to announce the signing of England Lions international stand off Karl Dixon on a deal until the end of 2020.

Dixon who makes the step up to the professional game from National Conference League's minor premiers Wath Brow Hornets has just returned from the England Lions tour of New Zealand. This comes after help the Brow top the NCL's premier division with 19 tries in 20 appearances grabbing man of the match on 4 occasions. His try scoring record only second in the division behind his Hornets team mate Curtis Teare.

Dixon who turned 26 in September spoke about making the step up to the professional game saying "It’ll be a challenge and a tough ask in the Championship but I believe it’s the right time for me to step up and test myself. I’ve done everything I can in the amateur game and I’d like to thank Wath Brow and my coaches for that. I’m looking forward to it and can’t wait for pre season to start."

Head coach Gary Charlton said "I’ve watched Karl quite a lot playing for Wath Brow and I believe he is the best player in that position in the league. He’s got the ability to make that step up to the Championship as he has the right attitude and skills to do well. He’s a great signing for the club and the team. I’m delighted that he chose Whitehaven and look forward to working with him"

Dixon is the fourth new player to join the club for the 2020 campaign with pre-season training getting underway this evening (Wednesday)
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2019, 08:18:19 am
welcome to the club karl a player we have been after for a number of years. good luck marra
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2019, 12:24:51 pm
Should go well with us....proven top class in Brow's league and representative team outings. Local lad too ...will blend in well with the rest.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2019, 12:30:54 pm
That's a very good signing probs the best ameteur around and I think that's sorted our half back problem out happy days