HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ethan Kelly

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 16 Nov 2019, 06:59:59 am
Whitehaven RL can announce the re-signing of Ethan Kelly on a two year deal which takes until the end of the 2021 season.

Kelly joined the club initially on trial from Millom ARLFC after impressing for the National Conference League outfit especially in their Challenge Cup tie versus Red Star Belgrade streamed on the BBC.

Kelly continued to impress on his step up to the professional game cruelly being denied 2 tries in his debut away to Oldham in March 2019. Kelly signed a contract until the end of the 2019 season and played 12 times scoring 1 try playing a pivotal part in the season run-in.

Speaking after signing his contract Kelly said “ I really enjoyed my rugby last season so I was delighted to be able to sign for another two years. I’ve loved everything about it at Whitehaven, they’re a great set of lads and I’m really looking forward to next season, especially as we are back in training now. The Championship will be a great test for us and I’m looking forward to that.”

Assistant coach Jonty Gorley said “ 
To have Ethan on board again and for two years is a great bit of news. He came to us on trial after the season had started and fit right in. Another bright prospect from the Millom club, Ethan joined us after gaining International honours in the amateur game. He quickly proved he could hold his own in the professional game. His no nonsense style of rugby, with his quick play the balls, makes him a great and popular addition to our squad.

I think this year with a pre season in him, which he never had last year, will see him improve again and with only being 24 his best front row years are ahead of him.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2019, 01:00:39 pm
More good news....certainly settled in and played well for us last season.