HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Duo Sign On

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 20 Nov 2019, 07:46:08 am
Whitehaven RL are delighted to announce that Callum Phillips and Sam Forrester have both signed 2 year contracts which will see them wear the Chocolate, Blue and Gold until the end of 2021.

Both Phillips and Forrester played a huge part in our title winning team last season. Phillips who joined the club back in 2018 has made 49 appearances over the last 2 seasons scoring 22 tries. 14 of them coming in 21 appearances last season. Forrester joined the club for the 2019 campaign and started the season at Full back donning the number 1 jersey but struck up a partnership with Phillips in the halves making 21 appearances scoring 13 tries.

Sam Forrester spoke about signing the two year deal saying "I can't fault what we did last season and made it an easy decision to sign again. I'm delighted to have signed for two years. The lads, the coaching staff and the club have been great so it makes the decision easy. I think we might shock a few clubs next season and I'm looking forward to it."

Phillips spoke saying "I'm really pleased to have signed for 2 years, everyone knows how tough next year is going to be but I'm looking forward to being the underdogs each week like we were at the start of last season which didn't end up too bad."

Head coach Gary Charlton said "They're two good lads and it's great to see them both sign for two years. I'm delighted they've signed two year deals.

Sam played out of position last season at half back and he did an excellent job for us. He's a good organiser and he was good at moving us round the field.

Callum is vice captain, part of the leadership group and an integral part of the team. He's great at scrum half or hooker and brings a lot of enthusiasm to the side and in the dressing room."
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2019, 07:48:25 am
Both 2 year deals excellent news

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2019, 09:04:39 am
more good news.
born and bred haven.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2019, 09:31:28 am
Great news hopefully Callum plays hooker next season

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2019, 04:35:42 pm
Happy with these re-signings but am thinking we need some experienced quality players coming in or its gonna be a tough old long season ahead
Up The Haven

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2019, 04:52:06 pm
Happy with these re-signings but am thinking we need some experienced quality players coming in or its gonna be a tough old long season ahead

Done well signing all last season's main players just Kris coward yet and jordan to make his mind up 4 or 5 more new signings will see us right

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2019, 05:04:35 pm
Burns is under contract, isn't he?  Hearing a big signing from up the road could be on his way.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2019, 05:05:38 pm

Done well signing all last season's main players just Kris coward yet and jordan to make his mind up 4 or 5 more new signings will see us right

We need budsy playing. Sheer quality. And 5 new faces would be great but is it a little late as i see clubs making new signings
Up The Haven

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2019, 05:38:41 pm
Burns is under contract, isn't he?  Hearing a big signing from up the road could be on his way.

Karl olstrom apparently ๐Ÿ™ˆ someone I thought we wer well past but may be wrong and hope I am

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2019, 05:40:28 pm

We need budsy playing. Sheer quality. And 5 new faces would be great but is it a little late as i see clubs making new signings

Apparently he's having a year out but hope he changes his mind town are throwing everything at him including the kitchen sink to get him I'm hearing

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2019, 05:44:18 pm
Still under contract and he would never join town anyway.

Offline bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 20 Nov 2019, 06:24:20 pm
A couple of those big old png boy's that beat Great Britain would do us...surely Dion or Jessie have a few contacts.

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 20 Nov 2019, 06:32:24 pm
Still under contract and he would never join town anyway.

I agree pal

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 20 Nov 2019, 09:06:30 pm
I'd love to see us sign Jamie Doran as hes exactly what we need but unfortunately it wont happen.

Jordan Burns is apparently having a year off.

I wonder if we could get Connor Fitzimmons in now Thunder have released him.

Main target has to be an old fashioned 7 who can kick the ball from hand and organise, how old if Tane Manihera?

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 20 Nov 2019, 09:45:00 pm
Aren't we signing asse boas the png half to go with Dixon