HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Brett Carter

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 27 Nov 2019, 06:59:59 am
Whitehaven RL are thrilled to announce the signing of Full Back/ Winger Brett Carter on a one year deal.

Carter becomes the latest member to have signed to wear Chocolate, Blue and Gold in 2020 has made 188 first team appearances since making his debut for Workington in May 2009 versus Dewsbury Rams. 141 appearances for Town brought 52 tries. Carter became a Scottish international in 2013 when he represented the Bravehearts in the Rugby League World Cup making 2 appearances scoring 1 try.

Carter then moved to Barrow for the 2017 season where he made 47 appearances across 3 seasons scoring 14 tries and 8 goals. He was also part of the Cumbria Squad that won the Rugby League Nines tournament back in 2012 scoring the last minute winning try against Featherstone in the final at Headingley.

Speaking about signing for the club Carter said "I couldn’t be happier to sign for Whitehaven and I'm really looking forward to it. It’s a new challenge for me in a tough league, I like to challenge myself and I reckon Whitehaven will be a good place to do it. I know a lot of the lads up there already and I’m looking forward to getting started".

Head coach Gary Charlton said "Brett is another player that can play in a couple of different positions and gives us that flexibility in the backs. I’ve known him a few years he’ll fit in to the squad and buys in to what we are about. He’s a good addition to the squad, he’s Cumbrian and has Championship experience."
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2019, 01:56:48 pm
is brett related to the young carter we had on loan from barrow.?

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2019, 02:01:18 pm
Good signing if you ask me was always a pain in the butt when he played against us

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2019, 02:21:36 pm
He was - hopefully still is - a very good player.   But I worry now that the crack about jordan is true.  Can't see him coming to be third choice full back behind Jordan and Sam.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2019, 02:52:33 pm
He isn't mate, no.

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2019, 07:52:22 pm
He was - hopefully still is - a very good player.   But I worry now that the crack about jordan is true.  Can't see him coming to be third choice full back behind Jordan and Sam.

Seemingly Burns wanted a year off as he wasvworried about getting injured and this affecting his family life. So  what does he do - go back to playing all round the country  with Kells and rugby union with Bennys. No chance of getting  injured ,or getting his head knocked off with either of these options!!!! If I was being cynicalI'd think it was down to money offered by 3rd parties.But Hey -Ho itbis what it is so we need to move on
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2019, 07:54:26 pm by Mk1 »

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 27 Nov 2019, 07:56:18 pm

Seemingly Burns wanted a year off as he wasvworried about getting injured and this affecting his family life. So  what does he do - go back to playing all round the country  with Kells and rugby union with Bennys. No chance of getting  injured ,or getting his head knocked off with either of these options!!!! If I was being cynicalI'd think it was down to money offered by 3rd parties.But Hey -Ho itbis what it is so we need to move on

He is under contract though.  Although would explain the interest a town player under contract has of joining us.  Would happily swap players.