HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Yesterday

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
on: 16 Jul 2007, 01:44:59 pm
Thought I would leave it a day to see if things looked any better after sleeping on it ......... they don't.

Basically I feel very let down, firstly by the RFL for appointing a Ref that quite simply was just not up to the job, we all knew that  there would be problems before the game and there certainly were.

Secondly by Dave Rotherham, quote in the Whitehaven News was that we would be using some "new tactics" ....... didn't see anything new yesterday in fact I didn't see any tactics at all, team selection was questionable to say the least.

Thirdly ( very sorry to say ) the team, with one or two exceptions allowed the Ref's poor decisions to get on top of them, their chins went down after about 20 mins & despite one or two valiant efforts there was no coming back after that.

Have to say Widnes were much the better side, the result didn't lie, one thing I noticed was the forwards willingness to get into the line & run far quicker than we have been all season, ok they should be fitter than us but that is not the whole story.  I have posted on here before about the fact that over 50% of our possession's the backs are taking the ball up for the first 3 or even 4 runs.  I noticed several of their forwards taking the ball up 2 or even 3 times in the same set & still making yards. Thats down to passion & committment and for whatever reason our team are not playing with any at the moment.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2007, 02:26:43 pm
well said agree 100%
haven till i die