HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

PNG Duo Seal Future With Haven

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 04 Dec 2019, 07:00:03 am
Whitehaven RL are delighted to announce the contract extensions of PNG duo Dion Aiye and Jessie Joe Parker.

Aiye was under contract until the end of 2020 but has now extended his stay until the end of 2022 with the new extension. The utility player equally home at stand off or at loose forward made 20 appearances last season with 14 of them being utilised from the bench scoring 6 tries.

Speaking about extending his stay in the Chocolate, Blue and Gold Aiye said "I’ve been here for the last five or six years now and it is like my second home. I’m really pleased to sign for another two years, I enjoy it here and Im looking forward to next season. We know it will be tough but I’m looking forward to the challenge."

Jessie Joe Parker has signed a new one year contract having been at the club since 2012 making his debut just over 24 hours after landing in the country in the Good Friday derby. He made 15 appearances in 2019 scoring 3 tries. He spoke saying "I’m very happy to sign again, it means a lot to me. I’ve been here since 2012 and Whitehaven is like a second home to me. The Championship will be tough but the boys are preparing well and I think we will go OK."

Head coach Gary Charlton said "The two PNG lads have been great for Whitehaven. They love it here and the fans love them. Jessie lost his way a bit last season with his fitness but he’s come back pre-season a lot fitter and looking good. On his day he’s a great attacking player to have.

Dion has signed on the back of a great season. He has give us a lot of impact coming off the bench and changed the course of a few games.

I’m delighted to have Jessie on board again and it’s great news for the club that Dion has committed himself to the club for the next three years."
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #1 on: 04 Dec 2019, 01:33:54 pm
Immortals   :bow: :bow:

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 04 Dec 2019, 04:01:46 pm
massive season for both legends.
born and bred haven.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA