HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

fans walking out

Offline w/haven lass

• Academy Signing
on: 15 Jul 2007, 04:24:35 pm
just heard from a mate who is there and a lot of so called fans walked out and where shouting "go home haven bye bye"

Offline CumbrianPip

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2007, 04:29:35 pm
yeah - a lot of Haven fans left before the end...we stayed and watched the presentation...bt on the other hand we were parked almost on the doorstep and live in Blackpool...
There was nothing to see...

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2007, 04:38:26 pm
Alot left but can you blame us.

Offline w/haven lass

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2007, 04:41:01 pm
no really, glad i couldn't make it

Offline Fourfoot

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2007, 05:42:40 pm
These would be the so called fans who haven't been to a game all season. It was like being at a funeral today, NO SINGING, NO CHANTING... NO ATMOSPHERE. We can't just blame the team if we're not going to get behind them, and it wasn't for lack of trying. The fans that tried to rally us went down like a bomb. Who are all these glory-hunters and why do they bother? We made more noise at Cas, and there were only about 50 of us there.

Just turning up does not equal support. If you're not going to speak up, don't bother coming.  >:(

For the few of you on the strepsils already, well done

PS- A friendly Rhino texted me to say the Sky commentator had commented that we were given nowt by Leahy. Too much to hope for that Red Hall take note....
Haven- It's a way of life

Offline From the Jam Butty Mines

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2007, 05:48:27 pm
PS- A friendly Rhino texted me to say the Sky commentator had commented that we were given nowt by Leahy. Too much to hope for that Red Hall take note....
Clutching at staws I think Hven were not even on the same planet as Widnes and Leahy gave a very strange penalty against Widnes which led to Haven's try.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2007, 06:00:59 pm
I've just got back from the game and many fans walked out, some even before the hour mark. You found out who were the true fans as the usual core we still there at the end clapping the team (was it deserved? well that's questionable).

The ref was poor, no other way of looking at it. However his decisions didn't cost us 54 points, it was our consistant poor play that did. With both Fletcher and Mattinson picking up knocks, it looks like it's going to be a long hard end to the season :(

Offline CumbrianPip

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2007, 06:01:04 pm
lol definitely on a different planet...There was some chanting and a little singing at the beginning but it mostly fizzled out... The Widnes fans kept it up all through the match - with just cause.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2007, 04:29:40 pm by CumbrianPip »

Siceys Biggest Fan

Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2007, 07:13:56 pm
If you werent there then you have no idea how embarassing the game truely was! Never witnessed a disgrace like that in my life! Something needs done about it or else Haven will be losing a lot of fans! I say Rotheram needs to go & we need to build a stronger squad to ensure that a disgrace like today does not happen again! I am very disappointed, its a wonder fans never left at half time!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2007, 07:16:46 pm
I go to home and away games so before you pipe off about true fans think about what you say they where crap thats why people walked out.

Offline w/haven lass

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 15 Jul 2007, 07:17:44 pm
well the rumours are that DR has been sacked,so maybe something is being done

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2007, 07:18:22 pm
There  were  fans  leaving  before  halftime :o

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2007, 07:20:04 pm
Thats normaly to get a beer before the rush lol :D

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2007, 01:50:19 am
Well I go to all matches, and  I tell you what I was totally embarrassed by the pathetic performance that was put on display today.
I left after the second try of the second half, I could not get away quick enough and get the wig &  paint of my face  and Haven shirt off my back. I spent  ?350 to go down and support that pathetic performance. All you who say you can not blame the team, or DR , Well who the hell else is there to blame?   I tell you one thing for sure they are not getting another penny out of me until they get shot of that Muppet they call a coach. We could not have beaten Widnes today if we had played 18 men against them. So it seems they are light years ahead of us. I for one have to say that today I was embarrassed to be a Haven fan. and I am pulling the plug on my support for them until something is done.  What a load of Rubbish, What a load of Rubbish, What a load of Rubbish!!!!!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:37:32 am
I've just got back from the game and many fans walked out, some even before the hour mark. You found out who were the true fans as the usual core we still there at the end clapping the team (was it deserved? well that's questionable).

The ref was poor, no other way of looking at it. However his decisions didn't cost us 54 points, it was our consistant poor play that did. With both Fletcher and Mattinson picking up knocks, it looks like it's going to be a long hard end to the season :(

take exception to you there young man!
i pay my money EVERY WEEK and am entitled, as is everyone, to expect a little in return from our team, that did not happen yesterday,and i along with other TRUE fans left the viewing area before the end of the game in absolute DISGUST at those so called players who in all honesty should be damn well ashamed of what they did yesterday,

dont you dare call anyone who left early, not a true fan, if i performed at work like that heap yesterday i would be called in and either given a severe warning or i would be sacked!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good