HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

fans walking out

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:38:56 am
Well I go to all matches, and  I tell you what I was totally embarrassed by the pathetic performance that was put on display today.
I left after the second try of the second half, I could not get away quick enough and get the wig &  paint of my face  and Haven shirt off my back. I spent  ?350 to go down and support that pathetic performance. All you who say you can not blame the team, or DR , Well who the hell else is there to blame?   I tell you one thing for sure they are not getting another penny out of me until they get shot of that Muppet they call a coach. We could not have beaten Widnes today if we had played 18 men against them. So it seems they are light years ahead of us. I for one have to say that today I was embarrassed to be a Haven fan. and I am pulling the plug on my support for them until something is done.  What a load of Rubbish, What a load of Rubbish, What a load of Rubbish!!!!!!!

here here!!

i will go back down thre as soon as he has gone
and take rob jackson with you
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:46:02 am
Well I go to all matches, and  I tell you what I was totally embarrassed by the pathetic performance that was put on display today.
I left after the second try of the second half, I could not get away quick enough and get the wig &  paint of my face  and Haven shirt off my back. I spent  ?350 to go down and support that pathetic performance. All you who say you can not blame the team, or DR , Well who the hell else is there to blame?   I tell you one thing for sure they are not getting another penny out of me until they get shot of that Muppet they call a coach. We could not have beaten Widnes today if we had played 18 men against them. So it seems they are light years ahead of us. I for one have to say that today I was embarrassed to be a Haven fan. and I am pulling the plug on my support for them until something is done.  What a load of Rubbish, What a load of Rubbish, What a load of Rubbish!!!!!!!

Well said marra.
To all the pro Rotherham fans sying how good he will be get real he is taking our great club downhill fast, 2 legends have already packed in because of his bad coaching and many more players are to follow if he stays.
He was in the club last night laughing and singing FFS, he should of been embarrased to even be in there.

Offline cano

• Academy Star
  • Haven in the Maldives
Reply #17 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:49:44 am
Here Here marra but now we've had our say what are the people who run the club going to do about it. Not tomorrow but today ]Monday 16th July] what happened yesterday was just not acceptable act today or you will lose a hell of a lot of support.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 16 Jul 2007, 01:33:38 pm
To all those threatening to stay away until Rotherham is sacked - do you not understand how this all works!  If Rotherham is sacked the board have to pay up his contract, which they won't be able to do, as they won't have the income with people staying away!

To all those "extra's" who turned up yesterday - if you want to see Whitehaven RL progress, maybe go fulltime, possibly even get to Superleague, then you need to turn up for every home game and as many away games as you can and support the team - the team cannot improve or progress without money - the bulk of this money has to come through the turnstiles.

God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 16 Jul 2007, 01:51:04 pm
To all those threatening to stay away until Rotherham is sacked - do you not understand how this all works!  If Rotherham is sacked the board have to pay up his contract, which they won't be able to do, as they won't have the income with people staying away!

To all those "extra's" who turned up yesterday - if you want to see Whitehaven RL progress, maybe go fulltime, possibly even get to Superleague, then you need to turn up for every home game and as many away games as you can and support the team - the team cannot improve or progress without money - the bulk of this money has to come through the turnstiles.

Sack him then and nobody will stay away, or keep him and lose money through stataway fans either option the club will lose money.

Personally i will go and watch whoever is in charge as its my hometown team and as a single lad whos working i can afford to watch us playing poor, now any family who goes down at a cost of say ?50 a match wants value and wants to watch a game not watch what we witnessed yesterday.
If i had a family at them costs then i would stay away until something is sorted.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 16 Jul 2007, 02:25:46 pm
These would be the so called fans who haven't been to a game all season. It was like being at a funeral today, NO SINGING, NO CHANTING... NO ATMOSPHERE. We can't just blame the team if we're not going to get behind them, and it wasn't for lack of trying. The fans that tried to rally us went down like a bomb. Who are all these glory-hunters and why do they bother? We made more noise at Cas, and there were only about 50 of us there.

Just turning up does not equal support. If you're not going to speak up, don't bother coming.  >:(

For the few of you on the strepsils already, well done

PS- A friendly Rhino texted me to say the Sky commentator had commented that we were given nowt by Leahy. Too much to hope for that Red Hall take note....

i have been a haven fan all my life and go to every home game (dont go to away games nobody to go with) and i left with about 15 minuted left yesterday it was the most embarrasing haven performance i have evr seen and i was at the final against cas why should people who have paid all that money to go to blackpool sit and watch a shambles of a performance like that it was pathetic and as for no singing no chanting and no atmoshphere i have just watched some of the game on sky an you can clearly hear the haven fans singing
haven till i die

Offline Haven sent

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 16 Jul 2007, 03:14:57 pm
Well I sang and I chanted and I watched in agony as my team gave what can only be described as the most embarrassing performance ever witnessed in a televised cup final. I did stay to the end (don't blame anyone that didn't) but the one thing I didn't do was clap and cheer the team on the final whistle. At the end of the day they simple did not deserve to be clapped or cheered.
when I left the ground I was far to angry to spend ten minutes telling my team that it was acceptable to perform in that mannor and get beaten by 50 points. Does this mean that I am not a real fan? well make up your own mind, but the emotions I felt when leaving the ground were oh too real!!!

Offline gushaven

• First Team Regular
    • Kells A.R.L.F.C.
Reply #22 on: 16 Jul 2007, 03:59:32 pm
We left after the last try for Widnes, just couldn`t take any more.
This is the first time I have left early in over 40 years supporting Haven.
Success is like a fart.
It only bothers people when it is not their own!

Offline jeffers

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 16 Jul 2007, 04:04:36 pm
    Was at the game yesterday and still not got over it. I have a season ticket and have missed two away games this season. On the subject of fans leaving early, who the hell can blame them. A display like that isn't going to encourage anyone to the recre week in week out. Yes the ref was bad but not 56 points worth. MY OPINION is D R can only pick from the squad he has ( Lester and Seeds plus the other 17 wouldn't have made any difference yesterday) . The players we have can only play to the top of thier own skill level,which was proved again yesterday is way below super league standard. Be honest, how many of our team could fit in to a super league side.At the moment we are a very good league 1 team and no more. On thier day we can give any team a run for thier money but on thier day isn't good enougth. They have to be able to do it every week. Until the club in general sets it's sights higher ( not the fans, we know what we wont) I'm afraid we will remain where we are now.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2007, 04:12:11 pm by jeffers »

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:18:37 pm
I just couldn't face any more with about 10 minutes to go! To say that I'm not a true fan when I have followed the club for nearly 30 years is not on! I live in Chorley, this year I have done all of the league away games and virtually all of the home league games and the Catalans and Halifax games (yes a 260 mile round trip that takes 4 and a half hours of driving). All the people who are not true fans are those thousands who only turn up when there is a chance of glory!!!!
I travel a total of 260 miles to a home (away?) game, these 'TRUE FANS' can't be bothered to do a few mile round trip.
Yes I did leave early, but that was because I was just too upset and angry to face any more (upset to see the club let itself down so badly).

P.S. I will be there this week, will all those other true fans?

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #25 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:25:09 pm
well if oyu think we pay money each week at gates, we buy their merchandise just for us to be humiliated on tv its scandelous a mean i kinda new we wernt going to win but i thought it would be close !!!!!! the team and coach should show a bit of consideration for us fans who trail down everywhere to watch them !!!!!  >:( >:(

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:27:15 pm
I've just got back from the game and many fans walked out, some even before the hour mark. You found out who were the true fans as the usual core we still there at the end clapping the team (was it deserved? well that's questionable).

The ref was poor, no other way of looking at it. However his decisions didn't cost us 54 points, it was our consistant poor play that did. With both Fletcher and Mattinson picking up knocks, it looks like it's going to be a long hard end to the season :(
And the usual 100 or so will be at Widnes this week.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #27 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:36:15 pm
Well I sang and I chanted and I watched in agony as my team gave what can only be described as the most embarrassing performance ever witnessed in a televised cup final. I did stay to the end (don't blame anyone that didn't) but the one thing I didn't do was clap and cheer the team on the final whistle. At the end of the day they simple did not deserve to be clapped or cheered.
when I left the ground I was far to angry to spend ten minutes telling my team that it was acceptable to perform in that mannor and get beaten by 50 points. Does this mean that I am not a real fan? well make up your own mind, but the emotions I felt when leaving the ground were oh too real!!!

Well said marra, We the real fans, the ones with the ambitions for the club are the ones who seem to get the most pi??ed off with our club.
Can not understand for the life of me why anyone would or could congratulate them, or stay and applaud them over that  lack luster performance, for want of a better word. Good job this is a family site because I am fuming over this. 350 quid I spent to support them over the week end. Thats 60 quid a point. Never again under this leadership!.
[/color]

popularsider

Reply #28 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:41:36 pm
if the rumours are right about the money, and i hope someone close to the players or the players read this

if you have said about the money YOUR A DISGRACE YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YOUR WAGES BUT MUST OF ALL THE PRIDE OF THE BADGE ON YOUR CHESTS IF YOU DONT WANT TO DO THAT F*** OFF HOME AND DONT BOTHER COMING BACK UNTILL YOU FIND THE HEART TO DO SO!

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #29 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:43:15 pm
Blunt, Right to the point, But I agree.