• Haven Til I Die
Reply #30 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:47:15 pm
HERE HERE  >:(  >:(  >:(

Offline Widnes Til I Die

• Academy Signing
  • CHAMPIONS !!!!!
    • Official Website of Widnes Vikings
Reply #31 on: 17 Jul 2007, 03:43:01 pm
just heard from a mate who is there and a lot of so called fans walked out and where shouting "go home haven bye bye"

yep they did sadly and sum went before half time  :o never seen that before

widnes til i die
Double you  Eye  Dee  En  Ee  Es - Oh what av u got...
Oh WIDNES.

WIDNES NRC CHAMPIONS 07!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 17 Jul 2007, 04:03:52 pm
They were going to the bar to miss the half time rush lol

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 17 Jul 2007, 06:02:04 pm
just heard from a mate who is there and a lot of so called fans walked out and where shouting "go home haven bye bye"

yep they did sadly and sum went before half time  :o never seen that before

widnes til i die

most whent at half time thats because of the most embaressing day iv beet to a game gotta say widnes well done on the victory i enjoyed most of ur play and was a joy to watch but haven just neva played on that performance we didnt deserve to be in a final and we the fans dont deserve to be shown up like we have been sunday have some peide play with pride just for gods sake do summet for us and not let us down with all these shocking performances ITS NOT FAIR ON US THE FANS THAT PAY THERE WAGES and from sundays showing didnt even deserve to get paid

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 17 Jul 2007, 07:10:03 pm
I  did  here  today  that  before  the  game  the  players  were  arguing  over  how  much  they  were  going  to get  paid.  This  rumour  came  from  one  of  the  players. :(

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #35 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:14:43 pm
they should be playing for the shirt and f##k all else.cheeky b######s

Offline Widnes Til I Die

• Academy Signing
  • CHAMPIONS !!!!!
Reply #36 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:39:57 pm
ye but when they went down for a drink and toilet not every came back up  :-\ tht went down
oh well its over now we won keep ye heads up and good luck on the league cause use will need the luck  ;)

Widnes Til i Die" 
Oh WIDNES.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 17 Jul 2007, 10:13:59 pm
ye but when they went down for a drink and toilet not every came back up  :-\ tht went down
oh well its over now we won keep ye heads up and good luck on the league cause use will need the luck  ;)

Widnes Til i Die" 

I  think  we  need  more  than  look  Widnes  till  I  die........ ;D

Offline Damo

• Academy Signing
Reply #38 on: 18 Jul 2007, 11:38:23 am
Guys&Gals

I was at the match last Sunday; I'm a Widnes fan.

Re: Haven's performance

You were shocking - I was embarrassed for you and on both of those video replays I was actually gutted that your players hadn't been able to score.

who to blame

Well, while the players must shoulder some blame like in all organisations you have to look to the top - the management and the coaching staff - whether that warrents them getting the sack or what, is another question - while they can be allowed mistakes the nature of last Sunday is simply a "coaching catastrophe" and a blot on your clubs name (and you honour) that wont ever go away.

What to do

DONT stop going to matches; DONT stop supporting your team. A few seasons ago (4 or so) I sat at Widnes watching us get a hammering and to be honest it was something I had been doing a lot of in recent times; teams which while having a history and a proud past still had nothing (in my mind) on Widnes were traveling to the Halton Stadium and taking the mickey. I never walked out. There were matches I didn't attend sure - but once I had paid, I always stayed and yes it was at many time humiliating. But the effect of you walking out now and withdrawing your support will only mean Whithaven wallowing in the doldrums for longer than necessary. Remember team spirit on the pitch is buoyed by team spirit on the terraces - there is no substitute for your support - new fans garnered by new marketing ploys will not fully replace the loss that your club will feel if you stop supporting now - so keep your thoughts positive, look to the future. You (your team) should have played positive rugby last Sunday but you didn't - you might have lost (okay you would) but at least then you (the fans and the club) could have held your heads high; So - no going back now, what's done is done - get your season ticket - buy your shirt and see you on the terraces.

Bottle throwing

This happened - My wife saw it (I didn't I was watching the game) and I take her word as gospel! At the moment all clubs are plagued by behavior such as this (If there are no Whithaven yobs then you are unique), sometimes I feel that Widnes attracts a disproportionate number of scum masquerading as fans but on reflection I don't think this is the case; in short - if you know or see this behavior then dob these scum in to the police or the stadium authorities - there is no place for such behavior and I'm sorry anyone has to be exposed to it.

More extreme things like wee bottles etc

I sincerely hope this didn't happen though I can believe it; however I didn't see anything but again if you did see it or have proof of it or the next time you see it happening - please don't be complacent about it - help rid the terraces of such behavior and such people by standing up against it and talking to the police etc.

Regards
D.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 18 Jul 2007, 11:47:41 am
Good post Damo marra.
              I agree i know where all pi@@d at the recent game and most of the season with our performance but staying away from the games etc will do more harm to the club and hinder getting new players in if anything get a petition signed and sent to the board.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #40 on: 18 Jul 2007, 11:58:51 am
Guys&Gals

I was at the match last Sunday; I'm a Widnes fan.

Re: Haven's performance

You were shocking - I was embarrassed for you and on both of those video replays I was actually gutted that your players hadn't been able to score.

who to blame

Well, while the players must shoulder some blame like in all organisations you have to look to the top - the management and the coaching staff - whether that warrents them getting the sack or what, is another question - while they can be allowed mistakes the nature of last Sunday is simply a "coaching catastrophe" and a blot on your clubs name (and you honour) that wont ever go away.

What to do

DONT stop going to matches; DONT stop supporting your team. A few seasons ago (4 or so) I sat at Widnes watching us get a hammering and to be honest it was something I had been doing a lot of in recent times; teams which while having a history and a proud past still had nothing (in my mind) on Widnes were traveling to the Halton Stadium and taking the mickey. I never walked out. There were matches I didn't attend sure - but once I had paid, I always stayed and yes it was at many time humiliating. But the effect of you walking out now and withdrawing your support will only mean Whithaven wallowing in the doldrums for longer than necessary. Remember team spirit on the pitch is buoyed by team spirit on the terraces - there is no substitute for your support - new fans garnered by new marketing ploys will not fully replace the loss that your club will feel if you stop supporting now - so keep your thoughts positive, look to the future. You (your team) should have played positive rugby last Sunday but you didn't - you might have lost (okay you would) but at least then you (the fans and the club) could have held your heads high; So - no going back now, what's done is done - get your season ticket - buy your shirt and see you on the terraces.

Bottle throwing

This happened - My wife saw it (I didn't I was watching the game) and I take her word as gospel! At the moment all clubs are plagued by behavior such as this (If there are no Whithaven yobs then you are unique), sometimes I feel that Widnes attracts a disproportionate number of scum masquerading as fans but on reflection I don't think this is the case; in short - if you know or see this behavior then dob these scum in to the police or the stadium authorities - there is no place for such behavior and I'm sorry anyone has to be exposed to it.

More extreme things like wee bottles etc

I sincerely hope this didn't happen though I can believe it; however I didn't see anything but again if you did see it or have proof of it or the next time you see it happening - please don't be complacent about it - help rid the terraces of such behavior and such people by standing up against it and talking to the police etc.

Regards
D.

This is without doubt best post I have ever read on this site. Well done marra. But if you do not hold your support back, How do you show the club your unhappiness with the situation we are in ?

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #41 on: 18 Jul 2007, 01:18:11 pm
i can say i was one of those fans walking out but the only reason i went out was because we had to beat the rush before blackpool got busy and didn't want to be shouted at widnes fans at end of game but i left with about 5 mins

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 18 Jul 2007, 01:50:13 pm
i left with 10-15 minutes left as i was just embarrased and couldnt take any more
haven till i die

Offline Widnes Til I Die

• Academy Signing
  • CHAMPIONS !!!!!
Reply #43 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:24:38 pm
i dont blame any 1 leaving 5 mins before cause i know some of our fans would of bin shouting things 2 use and its not the nicest thing when you just got beat in a final.
Oh WIDNES.

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #44 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:27:48 pm
These would be the so called fans who haven't been to a game all season. It was like being at a funeral today, NO SINGING, NO CHANTING... NO ATMOSPHERE. We can't just blame the team if we're not going to get behind them, and it wasn't for lack of trying. The fans that tried to rally us went down like a bomb. Who are all these glory-hunters and why do they bother? We made more noise at Cas, and there were only about 50 of us there.

Just turning up does not equal support. If you're not going to speak up, don't bother coming.  >:(

For the few of you on the strepsils already, well done

PS- A friendly Rhino texted me to say the Sky commentator had commented that we were given nowt by Leahy. Too much to hope for that Red Hall take note....

i agree wid ua the team didnt put much effort in but the fans were crap too!! they hadly cheered to support our team, even though they were playin bad and loosing!! weather we loose or win we shud support our team either way. sum people had sed 2 me da next day, y u wearin that haven jacket? even tho they lost they r still MY team that i support. yeah they lost a v impoirtant game bt 2 me loosing against Leigh who is lower than us is a more humiliation!! i wud support haven through gd n bad!!
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3