Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2007, 10:40:55 pm

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 15 Jul 2007, 10:53:37 pm
So Flannerz should we expect to lose by 50 points in a fianl.  Are we that far behind?

Nope I didn't say that at all. But when a part time side plays poor and a full time side puts in an exceptional performance (let's be honest, they were awesome today) then then the points soon rack up.

Am I making excuses for todays performance? No. Are we really a better team than Widnes and Cas? No

Granted it would have been nice to have made a much closer game of it today, but the reality is that NL1 is getting better and better and we aren't keeping up.

Monte2carlo

Reply #17 on: 15 Jul 2007, 11:23:14 pm
Certain players in the front row at Haven need to stop throwing punches, missing tackes and taking cheap shots and concentrate on playing rugby

Monte

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 15 Jul 2007, 11:58:16 pm
like who ???? you been watching a different game?
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Kellsmarra

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 16 Jul 2007, 12:53:04 am
am sorry to say that after 28 years of supportinng the haven  (home & away ) we seem as though this team is passionless ... sorry but david seeds & aaron lester whould have shown pride & passion  to make this team  a team of winners     maybe we would have not won today but at least these HAVEN players through & through would have shown a pride in wearing the  chocolate ,blue & gold.......... sorry Dave R but you got it wrong big style 

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #20 on: 16 Jul 2007, 02:09:48 am
When I Was At The Match Today 3 Men Came Infornt Of Me *& Started Shouting "Rotheram Out" To Be Honest With Yaz All If It Wernt For Dave Haven Wouldnt Be Were They Were Today!
All The Haven Team *& Fans Find An Oppertunity Of All Away Games For 1 Big P**S Up Which Personally Its Not What Its All About!
What The Hell Would Be Do Wihout Dave We Would Have No Coach At All *& If The Team *& Fans Were To Give Him A Chance He Will Take Us Far!

What a load of crap!  This guy will be the downfall of this club, mark my words. This Haven era is over marra. From next season were on the slidey slope to Workington status. Who the hell do YOU blame then for that miserable effort that was put in at Blackpool?

Also if you only knew the unrest that guy is bringing down there, you would sing another tune about him marra, I know this for a FACT. and No before you ask, I am not telling you how I know. I won't drop another player in the crap with DR.
AND AS FOR YOUR QUESTION, WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT DR, I TELL YOU WHAT? A DAMN SITE BETTER!

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #21 on: 16 Jul 2007, 02:11:31 am
am sorry to say that after 28 years of supportinng the haven  (home & away ) we seem as though this team is passionless ... sorry but david seeds & aaron lester whould have shown pride & passion  to make this team  a team of winners     maybe we would have not won today but at least these HAVEN players through & through would have shown a pride in wearing the  chocolate ,blue & gold.......... sorry Dave R but you got it wrong big style 

HERE, HERE MARRA

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 16 Jul 2007, 09:47:51 am
Supported HAVEN for nearly 30 years now and this has to be one of the most disappointing days ever (along with CAS grand final). Don't get me wrong I'm realistic. We are a small club with limited finances and what has happened over the past four years or so has been great for the club and all us fans. But that performance yesterday had absolutely NO passion and pride in the shirt or team. We may have increased the targets which we expect, but the least we expect is a performance. In 2004 we lost the grand final to Leigh under Steve Mac, however much I was upset after that game I was proud to call myself a Haven fan and it was a privilege to have witnessed the team play so hard against all the odds (it was a lionheart performance). Why have we now come to this? Why has Lester gone? Where was Seeds and why? Who is to blame?

The world of sport is a harsh place and no matter what you think the coach is ultimately responsible!!!!!!

DR has lost the respect of the lads, they are not playing for him. Whatever is done it has to be done to move the club forward. We have not played well for a full 80 minutes all year. Our best display was the HALIFAX second half, Who inspired that? (Lester?)

If DR does not leave then a serious meeting of all representatives of the club is needed this week in order to find a forward approach.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2007, 10:41:35 am by Chorley Blue and Gold »

Siceys Biggest Fan

Reply #23 on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:05:23 am
Rotheram needs to go and fast. If he doesn't get the boot then something needs to be done about the squad as they clearly aren't gelling together. There was no buzz about them whatsoever yesterday, they simply weren't good enough. I've seen this coming for a while now! I suppose things can only get better, hopefully!

Offline no jam

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2007, 03:59:11 pm
I thought there where a number of factors involved in the result yesterday.
Coach axes 2 most respected and experienced players we have - great start.
Tactics - He left them at recre on a postage stamp I think.
moral - certainly doesn't seem to be in abundance at the moment
Part timers - doesn't help
Widnes - better team, better coach , and full time
Oh and to add insult to injury the ref was nothing short of a disgrace {but not 50Pt's worth}
All in all I would have to say I haven't seen a complete performance all season Catalans apart so there can only be ONE person to blame THE COACH.  ???

Offline fairweather

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 16 Jul 2007, 04:18:47 pm
Is it the coach or the Haven players just being good enough?
We've been here before with a supposedly better coach.

Castleford 36 (26-0) 8 Haven
Grand Final Oct 9 2005 (The day to forget!)

Castleford took control for most of first half with Haven first half nerves failing to calm before the turn around.

Penalties started the blitz and then Leroy Joe was sin-binned for a high tackle on Davis.

Then first half tries for the Tigers from Huby, Crouch, Blanch and Man of the Match Brad Davis.

This time there was no second half come back. More Tiger tries from Davis and Haughey.

Our double century scorer David Seeds got the first of Haven's only tires. He also fed to Craig Calvert for Whitehaven's second. Only consolation... no need to visit Brunton Park and plans for new stand at the Recre mean we will be ready in 2006.
Whitehaven: Broadbent, Calvert, Seeds, Nanyn, Wilson, Joe, Penny, Tandy, Sice, Fatialofa, Miller, Hill, Lester.
Replacements: Rudd, Summers, Chambers, Jackson.

Castleford: Platt, Pryce, Shenton, Hepworth, Blanch, Davis, Henderson, A. Watene, A. Smith, Fletcher, Haughey, Crouch, Bird.
Replacements: Handforth, Huby, Vowles, F. Watene.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:45:12 pm
We Dont Need A New Coach Weve Got Rotheram Get Over It,,
If It Wernt For Him Haven Wouldnt Be Were There At Today!

Vikki x

And where are we today, on the back of a 50 point drubbing with more to follow in the next month with trips to Widnes and Halifax, plus home games against Cas and Widnes. Can you really see us winning any of them on this seasons form. For the notebook, the only game this season we have played 80 minutes was against Catalan, and that was the game we had least chance of winning.

Cullen took this club forward, Steve Mc moved us on again, but with DR we have plateaud, or maybe even gone backwards.

I think we are just going to accept all we can ever be, is the BEST PART TIME team in NL1, because we are well behind Cas and Widnes.

TW
Everyone goes on about Paul Cullen but what did he actually acheive.  We made the top six and got slaughtered at Featherstone.

popularsider

Reply #27 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:46:16 pm
cullen wasnt in charge at featherstone champ  ;) peter roe and peter smith

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #28 on: 16 Jul 2007, 09:07:49 pm
We Dont Need A New Coach Weve Got Rotheram Get Over It,,
If It Wernt For Him Haven Wouldnt Be Were There At Today!

Vikki x

And where are we today, on the back of a 50 point drubbing with more to follow in the next month with trips to Widnes and Halifax, plus home games against Cas and Widnes. Can you really see us winning any of them on this seasons form. For the notebook, the only game this season we have played 80 minutes was against Catalan, and that was the game we had least chance of winning.

Cullen took this club forward, Steve Mc moved us on again, but with DR we have plateaud, or maybe even gone backwards.

I think we are just going to accept all we can ever be, is the BEST PART TIME team in NL1, because we are well behind Cas and Widnes.

TW
Everyone goes on about Paul Cullen but what did he actually acheive.  We made the top six and got slaughtered at Featherstone.

Well I tell you what, lets just see at the next home game if the fans are happy, If they are  happy with Mr Wonderfull who can do no wrong in your eye's, they will be there, If like me they are well and truly pi??ed off with this CLOWN they won't.  You see everything with rose colored glasses on Champ. This guy inherited a great team and a great set of fans, and he is destroying both. Like I say we are going backwards to the days of the 500.  You say we can not get rid of him, well listen here marra, ultimately we pay the wages, if we do not like it and don't show up, he will be gone. You can bet your season ticket on that my friend. We are the power. Not the coach, Not the BOD. Us the single little supporter, each and every one of us. How many of us will they loose before they see sense I wonder ???
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2007, 09:10:51 pm by WHITEHAVENHERO »

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #29 on: 16 Jul 2007, 09:23:10 pm
Do I sense that player power has set in ?

If so, what a way to run a club !!

Lets get another coach and see if the players like him. If not get another until they are happy.

I don't think things are really like that down at The Rec..

Full backing to the present coach (giving him a real chance) seems a better approach to me in the short term.

Players are paid to play, not select the coach they like.

It's in everyones interest to pull together now and get the best we can out of this season .... then sort things out in NL1 next season based on decreased aspirations for the club .... not SL or bust.(see my prior post 'Lets get real')

Cullen didn't achieve that much with us, and Steve McC left us and took players from us too. Others players left left and I don't believe DR can be critisised for those travellers he has introduced / we have now.

Bull charges and tackles his heart out ... off loads too.
Duffy, .....who wants to tell me he's not class and all heart.
Steve M, ....who wants to tell me he isn't worthy of his place..
Fletch .....has lifted the team with attack and defence
Rob Jacksons been injured and is working his way back. He was getting lots of positive comments prior to injury.