HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whats needed for next season

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 15 Jul 2007, 07:26:20 pm
Quite  a  few  retiring  or  leaving  next  season.  Who  should  we  be  looking  to  sign.

Personally  I  think  we  need  1  maybe  2  centres.  A  stand  off.  2  big  Props,  a  2nd  row  and  a  loose  forward.

................Oh  and  a  new  coach

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2007, 07:29:35 pm
We need as much class as we can afford simple as that.

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:29:51 pm
We need as much class as we can afford simple as that.

Question  is  just  how  much  can  we  afford  ??? ???

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:35:25 pm
players due to retire

seeds
fats
leroy
trindall

centres we have cover - craig and scott mcavoy,rob jackson,derrie eilbeck
leroy - rudd,bainbridge,craig mcavoy
fats and trindall - no cover what so ever

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:44:52 pm
good props !!!! and better moral !!! and full time but no chance of that  :(

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:50:01 am
For  next  season  I  would  go  for  Frank  Watene  and  Alex  Rowe.  Also  If  Widnes  get  promoted  I  would  take  a  look  at  who  they  offload  as  they  would  have  to  strengthen  which  to  would  mean  getting  rid  of  a  few.

specialbrew92

Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2007, 07:48:36 am
Frank Watene would not cost that much money. Alex Rowe to replace Trindall. We must have some money spare for this years salary cap if Lester and Seeds have retired.

Lupton from Cas to replace Leroy Joe.

If Widnes get promotion Oli Wilkes and Mick Nanyn either one of them two would be a handy signing

Monte

popularsider

Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2007, 11:07:06 am
if cas dont get promoted im sure leafa and lutpon would return to cumbria,

i would not take mick nanyn back he has danced infront of us after scoring for widnes i cant forgive that, wilkes will go to sl with widnes, maybe jordan james will be offloaded

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2007, 02:44:47 pm
players due to retire

seeds
fats
leroy
trindall

centres we have cover - craig and scott mcavoy,rob jackson,derrie eilbeck
leroy - rudd,bainbridge,craig mcavoy
fats and trindall - no cover what so ever

Sometimes I can't believe people on here,
i.e. "Popularsider", "fats and trindall - no cover.
Get yourself down and watch the under 21's, and you'll see 4 good props running straight and hard with passion and tackling with 100% committment, even though they know they'll never get a look in.
And before you say they're to young or inexperienced, take a look at the Hull side last week were half the team was under the age of 20.
But then again "Maybe you know better".

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 17 Jul 2007, 02:52:56 pm
Sometimes I can't believe people on here,
i.e. "Popularsider", "fats and trindall - no cover.
Get yourself down and watch the under 21's, and you'll see 4 good props running straight and hard with passion and tackling with 100% committment, even though they know they'll never get a look in.
And before you say they're to young or inexperienced, take a look at the Hull side last week were half the team was under the age of 20.
But then again "Maybe you know better".

Teare started off like that but that seems to have been taken away from his game. Last season he was a great prospect, we dont even run onto the ball with any sort of pace or commitment now, why is that?

popularsider

Reply #10 on: 17 Jul 2007, 02:57:17 pm
DELL i go and watch the u21s. ford jones farrar shaw are all good youngsters, but even ford has told me its a massive step up from u21s to 1st team the speed etc ford only played 25 mins in the 1st team and he was nakard, if you want them to play first team they wil have to up there fitness levels.

ive told people on here for a long team BEN CIZALOWSKI playing amatuer rugby in australia for an amatuer team where we got mark leafa from wynumm, he has played in the nrl for brisbane and canterbury why he hasnt been approached is beyond me.

Offline foreigner

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:08:37 pm
Surely there is other local talent for us to sign aswell?  Who has performed well in the area for the amatuer ranks this season?

popularsider

Reply #12 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:10:04 pm
shaun flanagan he wants to sign for whitehaven he turned workington down, kenny shepard said he would ring shaun that was 3 months ago and he is stil waiting my advice is sign him up and quick

Offline foreigner

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:12:42 pm
what bout Kevin Thompson and Ryan Robb?  Both have toured with GB this summer that must say something?

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:18:04 pm
kevin thompson would be a good addition along with shaun flanagan, ryan robb id give the lad a few games in the u21s see how he went.