HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Oldham - 16.2.20 - Match Reaction

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 19 Feb 2020, 06:52:11 pm
my question would be selling forster and winning L1 and getting promoted must of brought in extra cash, is that not a fact then why have we not seen any major recruitment?
 i know we got Tom Walker who has impressed me early on and riley and carter probably came with a bit of income from fozzie but why bring in 2 players on pay as you play and as of yet havent put in a hour on the pitch in 3 games between them, dont profess to know our financial situation but are we just sitting on a bit of dosh expecting a top HB to come ask us to sign them. Its vital we console ourselves in the championship this year and build but im afraid what i have seen this year trying to barge up the middle time and time again isnt the answer im delighted we are a predominently local team but we need to look at whats missing at the moment and react appropropriately before its to late.
 god help us when the big guns roll into the recre  :-[ :-[

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 19 Feb 2020, 07:40:18 pm
my question would be selling forster and winning L1 and getting promoted must of brought in extra cash, is that not a fact then why have we not seen any major recruitment?
 i know we got Tom Walker who has impressed me early on and riley and carter probably came with a bit of income from fozzie but why bring in 2 players on pay as you play and as of yet havent put in a hour on the pitch in 3 games between them, dont profess to know our financial situation but are we just sitting on a bit of dosh expecting a top HB to come ask us to sign them. Its vital we console ourselves in the championship this year and build but im afraid what i have seen this year trying to barge up the middle time and time again isnt the answer im delighted we are a predominently local team but we need to look at whats missing at the moment and react appropropriately before its to late.
 god help us when the big guns roll into the recre  :-[ :-[

Did we sell Foz? I’m sure we just signed him till end of last season.

HW

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #32 on: 19 Feb 2020, 08:16:46 pm
Forster was a free agent at the end of last season and chose to sign for Barrow, as for Riley he is out with a knee injury.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 19 Feb 2020, 08:25:47 pm
Forster was a free agent at the end of last season and chose to sign for Barrow, as for Riley he is out with a knee injury.

The Vice Presidents paid for Fozzie last season. He only signed for 2019.