HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New Sponsorship Deal Announced

Amanda · 53 · 4075

Offline nuttyandrew

• Academy Signing
Reply #45 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:40:55 pm
social media is a wonderfull means of getting a message out into the public domain quickly. It is not a substitute for face to face conversation when the club are seeking to sell sponsorship deals to potential customers.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #46 on: 13 Jul 2018, 05:06:12 pm
Is that you volunteering to fill said post?

I do agree with the comments about getting out there and speaking face - face. I’m sure Gary and Mark said this had happened at the start of the season but the club had no luck with these meetings. The club must get back out there and re-engage with the business community and there are plans afoot to do this.

This is the same for the community work and youth teams
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2018, 06:00:45 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #47 on: 13 Jul 2018, 07:32:20 pm
Fantastic news. Carlsberg are a major brewery who are worth a fortune.

I would love to know exactly how this deal came about. A massive company investing in a small rugby league club.

Also (unless I've missed it ) how much money are we going to get off  them.

Offline nuttyandrew

• Academy Signing
Reply #48 on: 14 Jul 2018, 02:15:30 pm
no sorry Jammy I won't be volunteering Ive done by bit. but having said that I have fund raised for the club for more than 50 years. I used to deliver fireside bingo round Mirehouse as an 11 year old 53 years ago. I have offerred to provide a list of 40 or so companies who would definitely be worth approaching but that offer has not been taken up by the club. I Also spoke to an old aquaintance at the Bradford game who owns a very successful local business
and he confirmed that despite him having a vested interest in the club, no one from the club had made any formal approach to discus sponsorship. Again I make the point. securing sponsorship deals is a talent and if the club have to hire a consultant then do it.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #49 on: 14 Jul 2018, 04:26:42 pm
The club have made an approach to external consultants regarding commercial income streams over the past couple of weeks
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline beltnbraces

• Academy Signing
Reply #50 on: 15 Jul 2018, 04:36:34 pm
Would just love to see the 'CARLSBERG STADIUM' here in Whitehaven.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #51 on: 15 Jul 2018, 05:18:09 pm
If carlsberg made last kick winners
Up The Haven

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 27 Feb 2020, 10:53:11 am
See this has finished as we didn’t put their sponsor on strips, what’s going on  apparently we were at fault with the PNG paperwork, sponsorship down summat a miss down at Rec 😩