HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

just one more class

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 01 Mar 2020, 09:06:17 pm
Clearly need someone and will give this guy a chance but, Rugby Union is very different from League, a winger might make the transition but just look at Warringon, they sign an England R U back and he looks out of his depth.

We need  Burns back at Full back, Dion Aiye to start and at least 1 blockbusting prop to draw in defenders.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 01 Mar 2020, 09:22:38 pm
Clearly need someone and will give this guy a chance but, Rugby Union is very different from League, a winger might make the transition but just look at Warringon, they sign an England R U back and he looks out of his depth.

We need  Burns back at Full back, Dion Aiye to start and at least 1 blockbusting prop to draw in defenders.

The player rumoured as never played out of super league only gone to union now like a lot of haven and town players do pre season

Offline noahrob

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 01 Mar 2020, 11:39:31 pm

Kyle Amor although fit seems to be out favor at Saints, would be worth a shot to try and get him on loan, I'm sure he would welcome some game time.

Offline Mk1

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 01 Mar 2020, 11:51:52 pm

Kyle Amor although fit seems to be out favor at Saints, would be worth a shot to try and get him on loan, I'm sure he would welcome some game time.
[Again couldn'afford hiim, after what he demanded to do the presentation night at his old amatusr club he'd want an arm and a leg to help Haven out-no loyalty.

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 02 Mar 2020, 09:55:20 am
Tommy lee (hooker) has been invited to training this week according to love rugby league.
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 02 Mar 2020, 07:58:09 pm
Lets just hope his hearts in it. Other than Tane Manihera I cant remember the last time a player came out of retirement and made a difference, theres also travelling involved.

Is he a good kicker from hand?

Offline noahrob

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 02 Mar 2020, 11:24:46 pm
Lets just hope his hearts in it. Other than Tane Manihera I cant remember the last time a player came out of retirement and made a difference, theres also travelling involved.

Is he a good kicker from hand?
Can't be any worse than what we have now.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 03 Mar 2020, 08:05:33 am
Another Hooker !!! Just what the team is short of.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 03 Mar 2020, 08:27:04 am
Another Hooker !!! Just what the team is short of.

He will play scrum half allowing Callum to go to Hooker.  With dowsett back shortly along with Riley and walker, that would be a significant improvement.  Whether we learn to catch is a different matter altogether though.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 03 Mar 2020, 01:01:12 pm
Whilst any any addition is welcome I feel we need some young go forward props, loosing those home games to O and S will be our down fall. Going into this championship with the team we had was always going to fail

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 03 Mar 2020, 01:06:38 pm
Whilst any any addition is welcome I feel we need some young go forward props, loosing those home games to O and S will be our down fall. Going into this championship with the team we had was always going to fail

Our props were fine at London on a decent pitch.  Shacks and Kelly too slow to play on mud baths.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 03 Mar 2020, 05:24:09 pm
U think everyone said this squad had heart and passion but going up a few levels with the quality that's in the championship with basically the same squad was always dangerous we have brought in a few good lads esp walker at prop but how many of our lads are near 40 thacks coward? You can get away with things in league1 this league will find you out and it's found us out after 4-5 games we have lost Forster our main go forward prop last year who we could have done with this year and I know there's reasons to why he left I'm just saying of we had him we would be better than we are. We have had more time than anyone to recruit a squad with our promotion last year and barely done a thing, we have needed a half back for over a year and a half we sign Dixon and the poor lad is thrown in with a hooker. We play basic rugby with no flair and it's just not gonna cut it at this level I'm hoping it all come good on better grounds and I know this team is capable of much better that why I'm looking forward to the summer games. But things needs to change and quick we wanted to be at this level and are struggling because of recruitment and the fans have a right to be worried and are asking questions because it's not good enough at the min.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #27 on: 03 Mar 2020, 07:18:05 pm
Don't think better weather will count for anything with us....other teams who are already faster / more skilled will probably run us into the ground. We need a skilled half back minimum, then run the backs off his play and the forwards potentially good 'go forwards'.

Offline Brow Lad

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 03 Mar 2020, 07:51:12 pm
Think there’s one lined up

Offline Brow Lad

• Fans Favourite
Reply #29 on: 04 Mar 2020, 09:13:49 am
Tommy lee turned us down it’s in Whitehaven news