HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

REFEREE>

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
on: 15 Jul 2007, 08:07:24 pm
Please..  with the evidence of a teliviesed match and three commentaors struggling not to call him a cheat ...DO not let that F@@K Wit of a referee ever darken Whitehavens door EVER again!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2007, 12:05:24 am by Rodderz »

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2007, 08:18:24 pm
absolute clown should have been performing in the tower the posing little meff
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2007, 08:21:29 pm
He was extremely poor and gave some strange decisions. The one where he said Jacko moved off the mark was laughable. Maybe Jacko should have just stamped on his head to play the ball? or would that have been a penalty as well ;)

I was at the game so obviously haven't heard the commentary. I would love to have known what they were saying about the ref though.

Still, as mentioned on another thread, he wasn't to blame for the loss. Let's face it, Widnes were VERY good today.

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2007, 08:30:03 pm
I agree with you there Flannerz the Ref was'nt to blame fully for us losing the match

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2007, 09:27:45 pm
He was extremely poor and gave some strange decisions. The one where he said Jacko moved off the mark was laughable. Maybe Jacko should have just stamped on his head to play the ball? or would that have been a penalty as well ;)

I was at the game so obviously haven't heard the commentary. I would love to have known what they were saying about the ref though.

Still, as mentioned on another thread, he wasn't to blame for the loss. Let's face it, Widnes were VERY good today.

John, the one you are referring to re: Jackson, Phil Clarke was saying that normally in that position the player playing the ball would take a step BACKWARDS  clear of the player not step over him.    I think Jackson made a meal of it to be honest and I'm afraid many of the penalties against Haven were justified.    Apart from maybe Grix should have had 10 minutes with Broadbent I don't think Haven could blame the ref for this defeat.  Anyhow Mr Cox said during the early part of the match that Jamie Leahy's uncle was the controller of referees at RFL!!! so I don't think he will be getting dropped if that is correct.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2007, 09:36:27 pm
I thought Leahy did some things todays that were baffling; the incident where GB was sin binned was put on report, the RFL will probably say he's dealt with the incident and can't take it further, and as for the shambles at the final hooter...

Offline havenproud

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2007, 10:52:36 pm
I thought Leahy did some things todays that were baffling; the incident where GB was sin binned was put on report, the RFL will probably say he's dealt with the incident and can't take it further, and as for the shambles at the final hooter...

tbh probably depends on wideneses next games apart from us!! 3 hard games will - 1 match ban, also 3 easy games will = 3 match ban i recon,  ??? ??? :P 

lets be honest the RL do not ever wnat haven to be part of their empire!!
FACT!!

Monte2carlo

Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2007, 11:01:17 pm
The worst referee ever - Fact.

Cheating little p&&&k.

Monte

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2007, 11:54:21 pm

John, the one you are referring to re: Jackson, Phil Clarke was saying that normally in that position the player playing the ball would take a step BACKWARDS  clear of the player not step over him.    I think Jackson made a meal of it to be honest and I'm afraid many of the penalties against Haven were justified.    Apart from maybe Grix should have had 10 minutes with Broadbent I don't think Haven could blame the ref for this defeat.  Anyhow Mr Cox said during the early part of the match that Jamie Leahy's uncle was the controller of referees at RFL!!! so I don't think he will be getting dropped if that is correct.

Thanks for clearing that one up Keith. I was hoping someone would post something about that incident because it seems like a very grey area as regards to the rule. Surely the player shouldn't just lie at the play of the ball? They need to make an effort to move? Also it needs to be made clear what a player playing the ball must do in order for it to be ok. It's something the RFL need to look at as it's one of those things which sometimes both player and referee don't know what to do!

The referee wasn't great today and I thought Widnes were guilty at times but it wasn't given.However we are our own worst enemy with swinging arms and cheap shots. If we had lost by 6 points then yeah maybe we have a case for saying the ref cost us. Losing by 48 points though means that arguement just doesn't wash ;)

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 16 Jul 2007, 06:28:05 am
The defender has to clear the ruck. By laying there he should have been penalised

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2007, 07:17:44 am
Agreed so that he could play the ball.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:30:54 am
The defender has to clear the ruck. By laying there he should have been penalised

2 play the balls earlier he penalised widnes for the player not moving out of the way, then he penalsied jacko for moving because the widnes guy was lying around the play the ball again!!???!!!

what the hell is all that about?

leahy without a shadow of a doubt is the worst referee i have ever seen
he makes bad decisions against one side< usuallly haven!> and then doesnt give for the exact same offence against the other team!

all anyone wants is concistency

but with the fat kells prat in charge of refs there will be no improvements
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline wildey

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:43:24 am
Please..  with the evidence of a teliviesed match and three commentaors struggling not to call him a cheat ...DO not let that F@@K Wit of a referee ever darken Whitehavens door EVER again!!!!!!!!

Leahey was an awful ref and Rotherham should put a complaint in!

A complaint should also be put  in about the behaviour of the widnes fans, throwing bottles and coins at whitehaven fans (1bottle very norrowly missed a young child).
Although the stewards did act upon this it was only the whitehaven stewards who were doing anything and i was later informed by a whitehaven steward that the wrong man was ejected from the ground!

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:51:08 am
As pathetic the ref was the result would have been the same.
get real dont blame the ref for the result, he was useless but we were as useless as he was.

Offline no jam

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:59:29 pm
The ref most certainly didnt make a certain player kick the ball into touch on the full just our side of half way on an 87m pitch on either second or third tackle during first bit of possesion in ages ???.
What he did do was send our captain off but not apply the same justice to Widness. The game for me was over at that point and the ref knew it just as well as everyone else. Haven had a bad day, the ref had an absolute beauty - as long as you support Widnes. Shouldn't be allowed to ref an U11's game of touch, absolute w****r >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(