HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

REFEREE>

specialbrew92

Reply #15 on: 17 Jul 2007, 08:06:55 am
Whats the chances of the Moron Leahey refeering this sunday as a punishment by the RL for playing so sh1te last Sunday

Monte

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 17 Jul 2007, 12:03:01 pm
the guy should not be allowed to ref a big occasion again until he proves his worth in NL 2

Offline Sean

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 17 Jul 2007, 03:44:27 pm
I think that if the ref had been better we would have won because he wouldn't have sin-bined Gary Broadbent because would have already sin-bined the widnes player for taking Carl Rudd out after he kicked the ball into the in-goal-area!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 17 Jul 2007, 03:48:50 pm
ok he was a bad ref is one thing but to say we would of won is mad, we maybe would have hada few more points is all.
Haven played s***  end of.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 17 Jul 2007, 04:13:38 pm
It never ceases to amaze me how much tripe is talked on here!! If ever there was proof needed that we are light years away from SL then this is it !! All credit to Widnes, they destroyed us in every dept, they were faster, stronger, played with flair, determination and DISCIPLINE. To say we could have won had the ref not sin binned Broadbent, (who, incidentally, as captain, should know better) is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I can't remember the ref knocking on, straying offside, lying on, forward passing or committing high tackles! If we had lost by a handful of points then I could buy the argument, but 48?!
A massive gulf exists in this league now, never mind between SL and the 1st div.

We lack quality and flair and in Rob Jackson and co's case COMMITTMENT. In or coaches case tactical knowhow and in our BOD's case ideas/clout on how to move this club forward.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #20 on: 17 Jul 2007, 04:24:36 pm
If I could stick my applause on here mate I would. Very well said, In total agreement with EVERYTHING you have just said.

Was like watching a  team of Girls play a team of Men.

Offline Damo

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 18 Jul 2007, 02:03:56 pm
they destroyed us in every dept, they were faster, stronger, played with flair, determination and DISCIPLINE.

There is not one ref, not one who does not re-act to indisciple. At all times the team / player / CAPTAIN & coach need to play to the ref. This is not just for RL. Way back in the day when I used to play, the ref would visit both teams before kick-off and instruct them directly on what he expects. Can anyone on here tell me that the ref went into the Haven dressing room and said, "Right lads - get out there and rough em up good style - don't worry I won't penalise you"? No he would have instructed both sets of players on the currect refereeing guidelines such as what constitutes li-ing on - what deserves a yellow card - what deserves a red card etc.

Haven had no discipline on Sunday - it's not even a case of Haven giving the ref an opportunity to penalise them - Haven knew exactly what to expect from the ref yet they chose not to act on his instructions; they chose instead to throw a few punches and commit a few high tackles. Then they commited the cardinal yet understandable sin of letting their heads drop. Shame that was 10 minutes into the game but there is the truth of the matter - after 10 minutes all the Haven players expected to lose and lose badly.

D.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 18 Jul 2007, 02:13:30 pm
what i don't like now is that haven are taking the idea of being rebels like Leigh were last year this must stop the players are professional enough to no its wrong and shouldn't be done if we stop lying on in tackles and hight shots and stuff like that things will get better but the players are disgracing themselves but more importantly the club whitehaven rlfc and the people hu have made the club what its is today which is wrong have some pride in the shirt u wear if u don't hit the road
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2007, 02:15:13 pm by WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA »

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #23 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:22:38 pm
he made sum really weird desicions!! like haven gt penalised for being off side 1/2 times, but then i dont think widness woz onside like once and didnt get penalised|!! and  when he sent gary broardbent off for fighting kk he broke a rule bt the widness player also envolved shud of been sent off too!!! ITS IN THE REFS RULE BOOK!!!
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:24:34 pm
he made sum really weird desicions!! like haven gt penalised for being off side 1/2 times, but then i dont think widness woz onside like once and didnt get penalised|!! and  when he sent gary broardbent off for fighting kk he broke a rule bt the widness player also envolved shud of been sent off too!!! ITS IN THE REFS RULE BOOK!!!

No it's not in the rules you don't have to sinbin both players

Mind you a Widnes player did seem to run in and get involved which only got put on report