HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

I WAS EMBARRASED TO BE A HAVEN FAN TODAY!

Guest · 29 · 1818

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 16 Jul 2007, 03:45:02 pm
What I found most embaressing was the number of so called Haven "Supporters" leaving the stadium early. 
Especially Barry Richardson leaving 10 mins before the end!!!
They must have been wanting to get away to make sure they didn't miss the train that was setting off an hour and a half later.

i've already been at flannerz for his view on people leaving early

i pay good money each week to watch the selected 17 players represent my home town, i expect them to do so to the best of their ability, and to conduct themselves on the field with honour and pride at wearing the club shirt

yesterday, more so than any other performance i can remember since i started watching way back in 1980, was anything but acceptable, it was DISGUSTING they were an EMBARRASSMENT, but they all played safe in the knowledge that they will pick up some money from it, and that when they got home they could go out on the drink and forget about it.

i dare say if most people performed like that at their workplace they would be on a severe warning if not be facing the sack.

not one single player deserved to have any fans staying to the end, i don't blame any of the fans who walked out

people are just getting sick of watching below standard displays week in week out

something needs sorted, sooner rather than later

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline fairweather

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2007, 04:08:48 pm
I understand Barry Richardson has put a lot of his own time and commitment into making sure Whitehaven has been able to compete with other clubs that have more financial clout.
I just turn up to the matches.
Thats why I was suprised at someone who has made such an effort to get Whitehaven in a position to reach cup finals leaving
before the end.  If Barry doesn't have an official capacity at the club then he's free to do what he wants, and I shouldn't have singled him out.
I just think that aswell as the team putting up a poor display the fans leaving in their droves before the end looks bad for the club.
It was mentioned on the North News how most fans had gone before the end.

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #17 on: 16 Jul 2007, 04:27:49 pm
Why would I want to stay and watch a team to the end that was in my opinion.

1.   A Disgrace
2.   Pathetic
3.   Embarrassing
4.   Incompetent
5.   A waste of my hard earned money
6.   A waste of my time
7.   A Coach who as No idea "Whatsoever"
8.   A Coach who could not give a stuff about the supporters or the team.
9,   A Team that as no heart, passion, or aspirations.

Need I go on, I could but I won't

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 16 Jul 2007, 04:37:52 pm
I wonder what the knock on effect will be on the home gates now after that shambles, the sooner scot maca and hill gets back the better it aint a big fix but maybe scrape a few tries  threw the rest of this very crap whitehaven season but something must be done now surely.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:25:47 pm
At least they are at rock bottom now, they will start go upwards now and start giving all their best for the club

popularsider

Reply #20 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:32:23 pm
scott macca back in 4 weeks against workington u21s  ::)

hill back soon

Offline Widnes Til I Die

• Academy Signing
  • CHAMPIONS !!!!!
    • Official Website of Widnes Vikings
Reply #21 on: 19 Jul 2007, 01:21:37 am
We stayed until the bitter end, and wasn't embarrassed, disheartened maybe!!. Annoyed at the fans leaving early but some went early as they thought that there was going to be trouble from the Widnes fans in the stand behind the sticks.!!!!

Rugby Fans are not Football fans 
us that was behind the sticks where the most lively side we had the drum and everything and that was to give the players what they want from us and we did that, it was a brilliant atmosphere and we wont looking for any fights  :)
Double you  Eye  Dee  En  Ee  Es - Oh what av u got...
Oh WIDNES.

WIDNES NRC CHAMPIONS 07!!

specialbrew92

Reply #22 on: 19 Jul 2007, 07:48:51 am
Widnes till i die,

Take your rose tinted glasses off, the behaviour of a secton of your Fans was as bad as Football fans last Sunday, bottle throwing ring abusing women

Are you also telling me that if Widnes were on the wrong end of a drubbing your fans wouldn't be streaming out, or are they used to this from the super league days when it happened weekly

Monte

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #23 on: 19 Jul 2007, 04:14:31 pm
We stayed until the bitter end, and wasn't embarrassed, disheartened maybe!!. Annoyed at the fans leaving early but some went early as they thought that there was going to be trouble from the Widnes fans in the stand behind the sticks.!!!!

Rugby Fans are not Football fans 
us that was behind the sticks where the most lively side we had the drum and everything and that was to give the players what they want from us and we did that, it was a brilliant atmosphere and we wont looking for any fights  :)

Sounds like it was just an excuse to get out of Blackpool quickly to save anymore embarrassment

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 22 Jul 2007, 12:03:58 pm
What I found most embaressing was the number of so called Haven "Supporters" leaving the stadium early. 
Especially Barry Richardson leaving 10 mins before the end!!!
They must have been wanting to get away to make sure they didn't miss the train that was setting off an hour and a half later.

i've already been at flannerz for his view on people leaving early

i pay good money each week to watch the selected 17 players represent my home town, i expect them to do so to the best of their ability, and to conduct themselves on the field with honour and pride at wearing the club shirt

yesterday, more so than any other performance i can remember since i started watching way back in 1980, was anything but acceptable, it was DISGUSTING they were an EMBARRASSMENT, but they all played safe in the knowledge that they will pick up some money from it, and that when they got home they could go out on the drink and forget about it.

i dare say if most people performed like that at their workplace they would be on a severe warning if not be facing the sack.

not one single player deserved to have any fans staying to the end, i don't blame any of the fans who walked out

people are just getting sick of watching below standard displays week in week out

something needs sorted, sooner rather than later

Just so you know! It is 2007 and players very rarely are proud of the jumper they wear unless they have been with a team there whole life!
Are you proud to wear your work jumper? does your work trade you like a cow when they feel like it? is your work going to flog your body so when you 60 you hurt bad and can not do the things you want too?? Do you get grilled by the newspaper for the way you do your job and the money you get when you make a mistake at work??
You must see what i mean! Besides the fact people do more damage than good in this day with the net as it is an opinion of one read by many!
If you want the club to grow, you do not bag the clappers out of it on the net. People will do more damage to a team by bagging than supporting because you will not get the good players even when the big money is offered!
Which would anyone take? the same big dollars offered by a team that has a sensational supporters base or a team that bags the hell out of the players,coach and BOD!
You think about it, Whitehaven already has a reputation for the support turning, why continue to make it worse.
Make it a place players want to come, make it a place when equal money is offered the player will come because of the supporters and the atmosphere they give.
Haven is third on the ladder, not wooden spooners!
Go Haven and Go haven Supporters!

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #25 on: 22 Jul 2007, 12:15:58 pm
well said marra

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 22 Jul 2007, 12:45:50 pm
Just so you know! It is 2007 and players very rarely are proud of the jumper they wear unless they have been with a team there whole life!
Are you proud to wear your work jumper? does your work trade you like a cow when they feel like it? is your work going to flog your body so when you 60 you hurt bad and can not do the things you want too?? Do you get grilled by the newspaper for the way you do your job and the money you get when you make a mistake at work??
You must see what i mean! Besides the fact people do more damage than good in this day with the net as it is an opinion of one read by many!
If you want the club to grow, you do not bag the clappers out of it on the net. People will do more damage to a team by bagging than supporting because you will not get the good players even when the big money is offered!
Which would anyone take? the same big dollars offered by a team that has a sensational supporters base or a team that bags the hell out of the players,coach and BOD!
You think about it, Whitehaven already has a reputation for the support turning, why continue to make it worse.
Make it a place players want to come, make it a place when equal money is offered the player will come because of the supporters and the atmosphere they give.
Haven is third on the ladder, not wooden spooners!
Go Haven and Go haven Supporters!

Sorry, toddy, but that post is like the curates egg  -  good in parts.    The rest is poor.    To compare rugby league players with people doing their everyday jobs is wrong.    These are part time players who also do everyday jobs elsewhere than at the rugby pitch.    The reason they are playing part time rugby league is a) they are better than others at playing and b) they can earn a bit of EXTRA cash for themselves by doing it.   They put themselves in the shop window of public life and whilst I don't agree with bagging individual players (generally) they have to take the rough with the smooth.

If these same players don't have any pride in the jumper then they should be sorted out and sent back to doing their everyday jobs.   I don't accept that because people pass their opinions on here and elsewhere that it affects the way the players play.    If that was true then why don't the players do something about if on the field and shut up their critics?    To say that people's opinions on here and elsewhere stops clubs from signing players is way out.    Players sign and don't sign for one thing and one thing only  -  the correct amount of cash in their hands, end of.   I don't think for one minute a player stops and says, "the money offered is good but I'm not signing cos' I read on the forum the fans were bagging the coach".    It is usually the coach who has made the offers to the players in the first place.

Players want to come to places where they can get good money, can see some future successes, etc, so I'm afraid the lack of success OFF the field at Haven is doing as much harm as people's comments on here.   I think some players can see that it is going to be nigh impossible for Haven to get into SL this year or anytime after 2008 when they start with franchises.   Having said all that, I agree though that the fans should get behind their team and hope that the players change their attitudes in response.

Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 22 Jul 2007, 12:58:43 pm
Not a chance! players go not just where the cash is! In the professionals game the bond of the district has sort of worn off! Being payed part time is like the 1970's in australia for topflight. Things have changed a lot since then and has been changing at a rapid pace for many years. It is exactly the same, many public officials get 10 times more than the players for doing less for there community  but are rarely judged week to week on there performance:)!
Keith you a workingtown boy and town needs more pride in the jumper as it does not have the money to do otherwise! That was serious and not having a go marra. Haven is very close to fulltime and should think in the way of the other fulltime teams.
Better junior development will work wonders in the next ten years, stop looking at a quick fix for the next couple of years unless you think like a fulltime team and have the money to play with the big marras! 

Offline Whitehaven Lad

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 22 Jul 2007, 01:46:51 pm
No way was I embarrased at the match.Full time against part time, we were going in the hope of a competetive game, and an outside chance of a win.Compared to the Cas final that game was easy to watch.Once Broadbent went off it was over.Anybody, even amateurs will tell you that it is almost impossible to turn the tide once a team like Widnes are on a roll.The ref was shocking, and that isn't an excuse.Haven have over achieved not under achieved in the last few years.The support was magnificent, and incidendentally to anyone that thinks otherwise players don't go out to lose or play badly, they all want good write ups and a slap on the back.We are by far the best part timers and considering our track record the following is fantastic.Support will understandably drop away but come Widnes at home and Cas we will all be looking for a win.Hopefully anyway.

Embarrased to be a Haven fan ? Never in a million years.