HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ryan King - Welcome to Whitehaven!

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 19 Aug 2020, 07:00:00 am
The 2020 season may have come, prematurely, to an end for Whitehaven RL but they have moved quickly to make their first signing for the 2021 Betfred Championship season. Aussie, Ryan King, is the first new member of Gary Charlton’s 2021 squad. The 23 year old prop forward joins Haven on a one year deal having played at Sydney Roosters and Cronulla Sharks in Australia. In 2017 he was part of the Italy train on squad for the Rugby League World Cup and is again in their train on squad for the 2021 World Cup which is being held in England.

Head Coach, Gary Charlton, is delighted to welcome King to the Recreation Ground having been impressed with what he has seen and heard about him. Charlton said, “I’m delighted to have got Ryan’s signature. He is a big lad with a bit of pace and has a good step. He can bend his back and has come through some good systems and played at a decent level. We look forward to seeing him arrive for pre season. I’d like to thank the Vice Presidents for helping us to be able to bring Ryan over.”

King said, “I’m looking forward to the challenge of playing football in a different country. I’ve a couple of friends that have played in the competition with other clubs and they’ve always said how strong the competition is. When the opportunity came I didn’t really think about it I just said yes straight away.”

Whitehaven Chairman, Tom Todd, is also pleased to welcome the Australian to the Recreation Ground. Speaking of the signing he said, “The club is really delighted with the signing of prop forward Ryan King, our first Australian for a little while. Gary Charlton and the football committee have been working, very hard, behind the scenes to secure some quality signings and we hope this is the first but not the last. Gary has been targeting players in positions where we were a bit weak and it will all help the club field a stronger side in 2021. I would like to thank Mark Stamper and Ashley Kilpatrick for all the time and effort they have put in to bring this signing ‘over the line’. Another big thanks to the Vice Presidents who are contributing quite heavily towards the costs of these new signings. Well done V.P’s and all who have recently purchased merchandise and thus helped the club.”

The club also wishes to record their thanks to Peter Menicou and his SFX Sports Management Agency for their help.

Ryan King Bio:    https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2017/12/24/young-guns---ryan-king/
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2020, 07:29:38 am
Welcome to haven Ryan very encouraging start to the season recruitment with more to Come I hear I think we got caught out badly last season hopefully hit the ground running now well done everyone

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2020, 09:04:42 am
welcome to haven marra well done to all concerned.
born and bred haven.

Offline Kellsmarra

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2020, 07:41:01 am
looks like a good signing, well done Haven, keep em  coming ;D ;D