HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Team for Next Sunday

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
on: 15 Jul 2007, 08:32:53 pm
After the debacle that was the NR Cup Final, a few changes i fear are desperately needed.

If DR is still in charge, that will probaly not happen, but with us now havng no chance of winning anything this year, lets ring the changes, maybe starting with the coach. DR seems to have lost the players, and with his contract up at the end if the season, maybe now is the time, to say, enough is enough, goodbye DR.

So my 17 for next week, with Matty surely to be missing, after it looked like he bust his shoulder again :(

1  Craig Benson
2  Craig Calvert
3  David Seeds
4  Gary Broadbent
5  Steve Maden
6  Carl Rudd
7  John Duffy
8  David Fatilofa
9  Aaron Smith
10 Steve Trindall
11 Rob Jackson
12 Richard Fletcher
13 Leroy Joe

14 Carl Sice
15 Mark Jackson
16 David Ford
17 Spencer Miller

Thats Eilbeck, Matty and Teare out of todays team. Scott Teare had another nightmare today, along with many others, but young Ford has been outstanding the last 2 academy games i have seen, and surely deserves his chance.

The choice of Seeds and Broadbent in centres, give us 2 players who can tackle and smother the ball, something we lacked today.

TW

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2007, 08:45:51 pm
You are having a laugh i presume .  we have two players Seeds and Wright who could concievably come into todays team.  Neither would have made adifference but both are worthy f place. This ridiculous belief that some of the under 21s could do better is a joke.

I am of course asuming Hill and Scott Mc are still injured.

Grow up an dbe realistic if you are going to Post.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2007, 09:39:46 pm
1 gary broadbent             i would drop bull because he has no go forward he maybe dose have a quick play the ball  but i
2 calvert                              would rather see my props breaking tackles and putting big hits in. maiden and rob jackson           
3 seeds                                  arnt playing well cant remember the last brake maiden made and rob jackson is perthetic. derry will 
4 craig mcavoy                         be god but is to weak at the moment you carnt have iim and calvert because they dont                         
5 lebbon                                  make yards.
6 leroy
7 duffy
8 fordy
9 matty
10 fats
11 fletsher
12 richard farrer
13 carl rud

14 sice
15 flaper
16 lester
17 bull

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2007, 09:46:05 pm
I would rate Ricky Wright with Scott at the mo, not worthy of a place in the starting 17! We are not going to win the Grand Final and even if we do, we are not going to SL in my lifetime, and im only 40.

Have you seen any academy games this year, did you see young Ford early season, he definitely did nothing wrong in the first team early on, and has been outstanding in the ACADEMY. You have maybe been to the Academy games?.

But sticking with the same players, is not going to progress the club on.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2007, 08:29:22 am
Whatever team is picked I think it is now time to start to look to next season and beyond. One thing that we must all be aware of is that at the moment we are not good enough for SL. We must be realistic with our approach. Big name players (or coaches) are not going to come to Haven due to its location and the clubs lack of finance, therefore we must work with what we have got and what we can produce. Personally I would put more resources into developing local coaches (seeds, lester, etc) who can lead forward the youth and academy teams for our future. My team for next week would be:

1. GB - Best consistant player we have
2. Calvert - Good talent for years to come (can still improve)
3. Seeds - Seasoned star and excellent leader
4. Eilbeck - The future at centre
5. Maden - Good player for years to come (had bad day on Sunday)
6. Rudd - Improving all the time
7. Duffy - Conductor when he puts his mind to it
8. Benson - Star of the future (Bull?)
9. Matty - Another star of the future
10. Fats - Picks himself
11. Fletcher - Also picks himself
12 Spencer - Needs a kick up the arse
13. Lester - Get him back as captain/ leader and player coach

14. Sice - God impact player
15. Mark Jacko - Power (pity he couldn't do more than a couple of spells!)
16. Bamber - Give him some experience of being in the team and working with Duffy and Rudd
17. Leroy - Gives 100% for the battle

The Others
Wright - get rid of, we have young lads that we should be developing instead of working with him
Bull - Good player, should work with Benson to move him forward
A Smith - Terminate contract!!!! We don't need three hookers (the 2 local lads are better)
R Jackson - Send to the U21's and get him to improve
Teare - Send to U21's to improve
Howard - When fit pick him or spencer if he hasn't livened up
S Mac - Work with Seeds and Eilbeck in order to ensure Eilbeck and Mac develop a strong team for when Seeds moves into coaching
All others should be developed in order to have a continual flow and transition of young talent for the future.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 16 Jul 2007, 09:41:26 am
Whatever team is picked I think it is now time to start to look to next season and beyond. One thing that we must all be aware of is that at the moment we are not good enough for SL. We must be realistic with our approach. Big name players (or coaches) are not going to come to Haven due to its location and the clubs lack of finance, therefore we must work with what we have got and what we can produce. Personally I would put more resources into developing local coaches (seeds, lester, etc) who can lead forward the youth and academy teams for our future. My team for next week would be:

1. GB - Best consistant player we have
2. Calvert - Good talent for years to come (can still improve)
3. Seeds - Seasoned star and excellent leader
4. Eilbeck - The future at centre
5. Maden - Good player for years to come (had bad day on Sunday)
6. Rudd - Improving all the time
7. Duffy - Conductor when he puts his mind to it
8. Benson - Star of the future (Bull?)
9. Matty - Another star of the future
10. Fats - Picks himself
11. Fletcher - Also picks himself
12 Spencer - Needs a kick up the arse
13. Lester - Get him back as captain/ leader and player coach

14. Sice - God impact player
15. Mark Jacko - Power (pity he couldn't do more than a couple of spells!)
16. Bamber - Give him some experience of being in the team and working with Duffy and Rudd
17. Leroy - Gives 100% for the battle

The Others
Wright - get rid of, we have young lads that we should be developing instead of working with him
Bull - Good player, should work with Benson to move him forward
A Smith - Terminate contract!!!! We don't need three hookers (the 2 local lads are better)
R Jackson - Send to the U21's and get him to improve
Teare - Send to U21's to improve
Howard - When fit pick him or spencer if he hasn't livened up
S Mac - Work with Seeds and Eilbeck in order to ensure Eilbeck and Mac develop a strong team for when Seeds moves into coaching
All others should be developed in order to have a continual flow and transition of young talent for the future.

BENSON Playing 8, shows your lack of knowledge, Craig is a Full Back who has played on the wing for the first XVII this year, a No 8 never!

TW

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 16 Jul 2007, 09:51:26 am
Sorry Marra got my Ford and Benson mixed up, still getting over yesterday, must be in shock or something!!!!!

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:57:55 am
lets give these young lads a try i personaly would love to see a local team givin a hundred percent. I get told that these traveling players are great but i just dont see it. We should blood these youngsters now you never no what their like intil they play first team and im sick of the same players playing week in week out some body hasto be droped after that showing . its interesting reading last weeks whitehaven news alan irvin and dave rotheram had a secret plan to beat widnes well it worked a treat

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 16 Jul 2007, 12:04:02 pm
ye brilliant tactics swiched calvert and madens wings from where they have played all year what was that about? dont say cos of blanch . how to knock a players confidence in 1 easy lesson .tell him hes not good enough to mark blanch
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 16 Jul 2007, 12:15:49 pm
The plan was to kick for calvert but as per usual no1 does

specialbrew92

Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2007, 12:50:08 pm
after yesterays sick joke by our so called playing squad i really don't care who is on the field so long as they put 100% effort in !

Monte

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 16 Jul 2007, 01:20:41 pm
i just wonna c how many turn up for us next week or at our home game lmao

after that shambles ppl have a right to stay away from games

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 16 Jul 2007, 09:00:50 pm
After the debacle that was the NR Cup Final, a few changes i fear are desperately needed.

If DR is still in charge, that will probaly not happen, but with us now havng no chance of winning anything this year, lets ring the changes, maybe starting with the coach. DR seems to have lost the players, and with his contract up at the end if the season, maybe now is the time, to say, enough is enough, goodbye DR.

So my 17 for next week, with Matty surely to be missing, after it looked like he bust his shoulder again :(

1  Craig Benson
2  Craig Calvert
3  David Seeds
4  Gary Broadbent
5  Steve Maden
6  Carl Rudd
7  John Duffy
8  David Fatilofa
9  Aaron Smith
10 Steve Trindall
11 Rob Jackson
12 Richard Fletcher
13 Leroy Joe

14 Carl Sice
15 Mark Jackson
16 David Ford
17 Spencer Miller

Thats Eilbeck, Matty and Teare out of todays team. Scott Teare had another nightmare today, along with many others, but young Ford has been outstanding the last 2 academy games i have seen, and surely deserves his chance.

The choice of Seeds and Broadbent in centres, give us 2 players who can tackle and smother the ball, something we lacked today.

TW

can see your point and idea tony but for me and so long as they are all fit i would send the same 17 to widnes next sunday and then to halifax the following sunday and then when we have our next home game against batley ring the changes then! drop most of the lazy twits and put the U21's in, they can't do any worse than yesterday can they!?!?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:36:57 pm
look at workington they give the young lads a game on sunday and they give the team alift against blackpool. The problam with dr is he has his favourates and they haveto play