HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

KARL HARRISON

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:15:30 am
I THINK WE SHOULD DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO TRY AND PERSUADE THIS FELLA TO THE REC. HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO BRING NEW BLOOD WITH HIM. HE IS ONE MAN THAT COULD GET US BACK ON COURSE AND BOY DO WE NEED SOMETHING POSITIVE TO HAPPEN
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline fairweather

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:53:49 am
Unless Karl Harrison can bring an extra two thousand fans and some serious money I can't see that much changing.
Castleford Widnes will still be able to afford better players and have them trainig full time.
Also he's still got to tell senior players coming to the end of their career they wont be playing much.
He's also got to try to keep the young players who are making the big transition from U21s happy.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:55:36 am
so what do we do? just stay as we are
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2007, 12:03:26 pm
lets be onest we need a clear out down the club that means they acadamy coaches and peter smith aswell because how much money has been waseted on they acadamy we must have the bigest squad in the league. Players dont pack farmer/salmon/lester for no reason sumthing needs to be done and fast because all the directors hard work is goner go to waset  because alot of fans arnt happy

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2007, 02:30:50 pm
whats peter done wrong though?

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2007, 03:50:19 pm
peters done nowt wrong he has worked well with 3 diff coaches . its not peter we should be posting about
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:23:02 pm
well said marra! totally agree!

popularsider

Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:31:35 pm
id like to throw a few more names into the hat here

karl harrison
gary chambers
richard agar
tony benson
tony smith (ex wakefield coach)
shane mcnally (ex wakefield coach took them into the sl play offs)

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:47:22 pm
never thought i would say this but get the muppet rotherham out and get some coach hu will make us the force we were two years ago because dave has no idea he dosent even use the wingers in games so what is the point in them playing or when he does he gets calvert hus like 12 stone to run into props to make yards on our own line its not gonna work as we have found out summet has to be done NOW

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 17 Jul 2007, 07:27:51 pm
We  need  a  new  caoch  and  I'm  afraid  to  say  a  new  BOD.  They've  done  a  good  job  over  the  last  five  years  but  I  think  they've  taken  the  club  as  far  as  they  can.

Whats  needed  now  is  someone  to  come  in  with  a  bit  of  cash  who  can  move  the  club  on  and  bring  a  fresh  lease  of  life  over  the  place.

Lets  face  it,  confidence  has  gone  in  the  team.  OK  we've  been  winning  games  but  only  just.  Next  2  games  will  see  just  what  were  made  of. If  we  continue  playing  the  way  we  are  we'll  soon  be  overtaken  by  Fax  and  Leigh  and  end  up  having  to  settle  for  5th.  If  that  wasn't  bad  enough  gates  are  down.  Next  home  game  is  against  Batley  and  we'll  be  lucky  to  get  1200  there  at this  rate.

Unless  big  decisions  are  made  our  season  will  peeter  out  and  we'll  find  ourselves  being  dragged  back  to  the  tamati  darkages.  All  the  hard  work  done  over  the  last  5  years  will  be  wasted.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 17 Jul 2007, 07:36:52 pm
We  need  a  new  caoch  and  I'm  afraid  to  say  a  new  BOD.  They've  done  a  good  job  over  the  last  five  years  but  I  think  they've  taken  the  club  as  far  as  they  can.

Whats  needed  now  is  someone  to  come  in  with  a  bit  of  cash  who  can  move  the  club  on  and  bring  a  fresh  lease  of  life  over  the  place.

Lets  face  it,  confidence  has  gone  in  the  team.  OK  we've  been  winning  games  but  only  just.  Next  2  games  will  see  just  what  were  made  of. If  we  continue  playing  the  way  we  are  we'll  soon  be  overtaken  by  Fax  and  Leigh  and  end  up  having  to  settle  for  5th.  If  that  wasn't  bad  enough  gates  are  down.  Next  home  game  is  against  Batley  and  we'll  be  lucky  to  get  1200  there  at this  rate.

Unless  big  decisions  are  made  our  season  will  peeter  out  and  we'll  find  ourselves  being  dragged  back  to  the  tamati  darkages.  All  the  hard  work  done  over  the  last  5  years  will  be  wasted.

Got to say asking for a new BOD is a bit OTT, the current board have the club on a great financial standing, we dont owe big money, unlike some NL1 teams who will go tits up this season if they dont get SL. Just look at Donny!

The only thing i think lets them down, is the lack of communication that comes from the club sometimes. One position i think we desperately need is a PRESS OFFICER, someone to deal with all the day to day communication with the press, web sites and things like that. At the moment we get quotes from maybe 4 different directors all in the same week. Maybe we need to a more consistent voice.

TW

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:08:28 pm
You can have any BOD you like, but the club will never be able to compete with full time teams.  You may get the odd close result going our way but that would be it.

Everybody talks about taking the club forward, well we are currently and have been for a few years now the best part time team in the country.  If the club wants to go forward then the only way is with a full time team.  A BOD with a 'bit of cash' will not bring a full time team.  The only way a club can achieve a full time team is through a sustained marketing campaign that brings people through those gates EVERY week.  I am sad to say that I can't ever see a Haven team ever playing in Super League because even if we managed to get there, the fans would not turn up week in week out.  The first big defeat would see the crowds reduce by 50% - don't believe me, just look at Sunday!  Don't look at who was to blame or why it all went pear shaped, look at it from the point of view of how fickle West Cumbrian RL fans looked to the rest of the RL world.

Oh and doesn't Karl Harrison have a reputation of being one of the worst man managers in the game??
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:41:22 pm

Got to say asking for a new BOD is a bit OTT, the current board have the club on a great financial standing, we dont owe big money, unlike some NL1 teams who will go tits up this season if they dont get SL. Just look at Donny
[/quote]

Sorry  Havenwarrior  but  I  beg  to  disagree.  Widnes  were  fulltime  last  season  and  didn't  go  up  and  this  season  their  still  fulltime.  On  top  of  that  they've  added  to  their  squad.  How  they  stop  within  the  salary  cap  is  truly  amazing  judging  by  their  squad  but  if  they  have  breached the  rules  then  when  their  found  out  it  will  be  to  late.

As  for  a  great  financial  standing  then  thats  good  but  why  don't  they  use  some  of  this  cash  to  create  better  facilities.  I.E  better  toilets,  roofing  on  the  popular  side,  a  scoreboard  that  works.

On  top  of  that  what  about  the  pride  of  5  money.  That  was  earmarked  for  ground  development.  It  generates  about  100K  a  year  but  there's  no  way  100K  gets  spent  on  the  ground  so  where  does  the  rest  go.  If  it  goes  on  players  then  fair  enough  but  for  gods  sake  get  4  players  of  the  quality  of  Fletcher  at  25K  a  year  then  it  would  be  money  worth  spent.

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2007, 11:37:24 am
Unless Karl Harrison can bring an extra two thousand fans and some serious money I can't see that much changing.
Castleford Widnes will still be able to afford better players and have them trainig full time.
Also he's still got to tell senior players coming to the end of their career they wont be playing much.
He's also got to try to keep the young players who are making the big transition from U21s happy.

It doesnt really matter because if widnes dont go up they cant afford to stay full time hense going part time and releasing a big number of there squad!! the same with Cas.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 18 Jul 2007, 01:23:03 pm
Rortheram has been the worst coach i have seen at W/haven but i have only seen 3 but this lad needs to go and quick he has pulled the squad down we have no confidence i hope something is done and QUICK

HM

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"