HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Welcome Back Liam Cooper......

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 05 Sep 2020, 07:00:00 am
Whitehaven are delighted to announce the signing of forward LIAM COOPER from Widnes Vikings

The twenty three year old former St Helens Academy player is no stranger to the Recreation Ground having spent time there in 2018 on loan from the Saints. During his stint with Haven he played in 18 games scoring four tries. A popular player Cooper has signed a two year deal giving more power to Gary Charlton’s 2021 Betfred Championship squad.

Assistant Coach, Scott McAvoy, coached and played alongside Cooper in 2018 and said, “Liam ‘Ronnie’ Cooper is an excellent signing for the club. He was popular within the club during his last stint due to his work ethic at training and on the field. He plays well above his weight and always gives 100%. A quality player who has a lot to offer so we’ll look forward to seeing him play.”

Cooper said of his signing, “I’m delighted to be coming back to Whitehaven. I really enjoyed my time there on loan and was disappointed when Saints recalled me and sent me on loan to Halifax. I was enjoying my rugby with a great bunch of lads. I got a pre season injury at Widnes so I haven’t played for a while. I’m ready to go now and looking forward to playing at Whitehaven again.”

Cooper has come through the St Helens system and was captain of their Academy Under 16’s. He has Championship experience with spells at Sheffield Eagles and Halifax. He joined Widnes on a one year deal for the 2020 season but a pre season injury meant he had not played before the season was curtailed.

His signing has excited Haven Chairman Tom Todd who said, “It’s great to announce another good piece of news for the club. We are so glad that Liam Cooper, formerly of St Helens and recently playing for Widnes has agreed terms with Whitehaven for a two year deal. The players availability came up very quickly and the football committee had to act very swiftly to get his signature. We all remember Liam when he had a previous stint here and he certainly adds more power in the forwards. Gary’s team seems to be going from strength to strength at the moment and the 2021 season can’t come soon enough. I think this will be one of the most entertaining sides that has graced the Recreation Ground for some time.”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2020, 09:50:25 am
Quality very happy with this hes a machine