HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Rob Jackson

Guest · 44 · 3023

Siceys Biggest Fan

on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:22:34 am
"40-0 Widnes are murdering us right through the left hand side of our defence, were we've had problems all season (Rob Jackson)"

What do you all think of the above comment made by a Haven fan yesterday on this particular forum?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:26:47 am
1 player never lost us the game they all did. The fans were let down we wanted a game and they never delivered simple as that 6 points is a joke !

lowca

Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2007, 10:46:47 am

Rob Jackson has been very poor this season. Seedsey is a far better player than Jackson, the problem is Seedsey is a local player.

Rotherham plays the travellers before local players even though they are not as good.

Matty is another local who has been messed about. He is a far better hooker than Aaron (golden boy) Smith. Matty and Sicey should be the hookers.

Get rid of Rob Jackson and Aaron Smith and save on their super league wages.

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2007, 12:21:17 pm
how anybody can blame rob jackson is beyond me, the lad let 1 try in derrie let 1 try in or do people not want to see that 1? seeds should have been in coach messed up YET AGAIN

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2007, 01:32:02 pm
Regardless of who let tries in the simple fact based on performances this season is that Matty and Sicey are better than Smith. Also Jackson has now be prefered to Seeds on several occasions and on all of them he has played poorly. Seeds has missed a few games but surely his leadership, skill, experience and all round game deserved a selection yesterday, if not before.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2007, 10:01:27 am
dont get me wrong rob jackson was a good player in his day but i havnt seen him have a good game this year and you are one of the super stars you need to be performing week in week out. I personaly feel thats why the players moral has got so low because you carnt tell me the other players are happy in the squad because no matter how poor rob jackson and trindal and smith play they still get picked are quater place is taking up by a washed up 34 year old prop

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2007, 10:17:55 am
like ive said in another post get rid of the dead wood and get new class players in we could use some of the young lads till then this season cant get any worse and it gives us more cash and time to fill there boots and fit in the last thing we want to do is panic buy and waste matches next season getting new players to settled  in.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2007, 07:31:57 pm
Rob  Jackson  will  always  be  remembered  for  his  try  against  Oldham.

Last  year  he  did  OK  scoring  almost  a  try  a  game.  This  year  has  been  beseiged  with  injury.  Against  Widnes  he  was  helpless  with  a  few  of  the  tries.  Maden  went  to  fullback  and  their  quick  hands  gave  Widnes  a  3  to  1  overlap  on  the  left  side.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2007, 06:31:13 pm
HE IS A LIABILITY AND SHOULD BE LED TO THE DOOR AS HE CANT TACKLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2007, 07:03:23 pm
i think you wil find rob jackson on sunday made more tackles than eilbeck he also made more yards than eilbeck so much of a liability  ::) ::)

what people have against rob jacko is beyond me, when macca is back to full fitness rob jacko and macca should be the centres, im glad rob is here until next season !!!

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2007, 07:20:27 pm
i think you wil find rob jackson on sunday made more tackles than eilbeck he also made more yards than eilbeck so much of a liability  ::) ::)

what people have against rob jacko is beyond me, when macca is back to full fitness rob jacko and macca should be the centres, im glad rob is here until next season !!!

It seems your out on a limb Popularsider, you're the only person who agrees with yourself on the issue of Rob Jackson, everyone else think he's a liability.
And on the subject of Derry Eilbeck, even you've got to admit if you're honest with yourself he's played well this season and is improving all the time.

popularsider

Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2007, 07:50:44 pm
i dont think he has, ok he may have improved going forward, but defensivley he is stil weak and to lightweight.

macca and rob jacko in the centres will do me nicely

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 2007, 08:05:25 pm
I can't understand how you can even consider criticising Eilbeck's defensively and then stick up for Rob Jackson. Eilbeck doesn't do much wrong, how many of Widnes' tries came down the Left Hand Side on Sunday, Calvert was moved to the other wing so he's obviously not the problem, which leaves Jackson and Miller on the Left every week. I'd hate to think what you would be saying about Eilbeck if he was putting in the performances that Jackson has been putting in.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2007, 08:31:23 pm
Rob  Jackson  will  always  be  remembered  for  his  try  against  Oldham.

Last  year  he  did  OK  scoring  almost  a  try  a  game.  This  year  has  been  beseiged  with  injury.  Against  Widnes  he  was  helpless  with  a  few  of  the  tries.  Maden  went  to  fullback  and  their  quick  hands  gave  Widnes  a  3  to  1  overlap  on  the  left  side.

14 tries in 24 games in 2006 - not exactly a try a game

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 18 Jul 2007, 08:53:10 pm
so when rob jackson has 2 on 1 whats he meant to do  ::)