HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Obituary notice

Offline Haven Lottery Results

• First Team Backup
on: 27 Sep 2020, 01:15:46 pm
It's with genuine sadness that the club has learned of the passing of Derek McMillan at the young age of 66. Derek and I were in the same year group at school and we were in the same peer group as teenagers. So the loss feels personal. When you talk about TOUGH players that doesn't really explain him he was tough and fearless but that was also combined with great rugby skills. Before he signed professional terms with Workington if you went to watch an amateur game and Derek was playing you knew who was inevitably going to be the best player on the field even before the game started. I can not remember ever having seen him have a bad game. He went on to create with Arnold Walker one of the famous half back pairings in Cumbrian Rugby League History. I would like to pass on sincere condolences to: all Derek's friends and family from the Board, our fans and the town of Whitehaven. A true sporting legend of the town. R.I.P. Derek Tom (Chairman W.R.L.F.C.) I bet he had a chuckle when I became Chairman.