HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

First 17?

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
on: 07 Oct 2020, 11:45:39 am
Squad taking shape. It looks like a Charlton team with more props than Haig Pit, still think we are thin in the 3/4

Bulmann, Taylor, Mossop & Thompson are a decent line up but (apart from Walmsley who looks like a full back, hard to see who can fill in when injuries/suspensions hit

Still not sure where Callum Phillips will fit in, Dixon & Williams look like the half backs  and Cooper, Dowsett and Newton cover 9

Jordan Burns would be on my Christmas list.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2020, 02:12:11 pm
Cooper a prop pal, Callum to 9 with Dowsett and Newton squad player

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2020, 06:42:29 pm
Would love burns back aswell

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2020, 01:21:43 pm
Forrester can cover full back or wing if needed. Need another centre and a couple of 2nd rowers.

Offline Championess2019

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2020, 10:04:38 pm
No idea how we fit this squad into 17.  Happy days

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2020, 10:57:03 pm

He’s never been a prop he’s covered there but he’s a second row always has been from academy at saints to sheff whitehaven to Halifax to Widnes.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2020, 10:58:59 pm by haven hora »

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 2020, 10:57:35 pm
Forrester can cover full back or wing if needed. Need another centre and a couple of 2nd rowers.

On good authority sam has left the club

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 03 Dec 2020, 10:59:53 pm

Cooper is a 2nd row? As for 17 😂 good luck Mr Charlton

Offline bp

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 04 Dec 2020, 08:40:18 pm
I think it'll be Dylan Morris at FB - That's his position of choice.

Unless the arrival of McNally changes that - Is he moving back up here or travelling?

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 04 Dec 2020, 09:42:09 pm

Unless the arrival of McNally changes that - Is he moving back up here or travelling?

I would presume travelling as for who will start at fullback.

McNally is the only one that’s tried and tested at championship level at fullback.

Dixon will start at 6 he’s a shoe in.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 13 Dec 2020, 03:20:39 pm

Hearing of many people (Quote me if I’m wrong)  Morris has given back word to whitehaven and won’t be coming due to his mental health.

Really hope the lads ok regardless my opinions on non locals and the sustainability of our club signing so many some things are far more important than rugby.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 13 Dec 2020, 03:56:16 pm

Hearing of many people (Quote me if I’m wrong)  Morris has given back word to whitehaven and won’t be coming due to his mental health.

Really hope the lads ok regardless my opinions on non locals and the sustainability of our club signing so many some things are far more important than rugby.

I heard it was the forward ryan king who as given back word due to injury

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 13 Dec 2020, 04:21:03 pm

On king I have no idea can’t say I’ve heard anything only   On the grapevine about Morris

Offline Cumbria RL

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 14 Dec 2020, 11:43:33 am

On king I have no idea can’t say I’ve heard anything only   On the grapevine about Morris

King has done damage to his knee according to the grapevine

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 24 Dec 2020, 10:18:34 am
I'd imagine GMc will have been signed as a result of Morris not being available.

Can see the Kiwi at 7 with Dixon at 6. Just hope the new lad is a good kicker as its something we have struggled with for years.

Hopefully Forrester hasn't departed, he was one of our most versatile and influential players during our promotion season.

There is no chance we will ever see JB at the Rec again unfortunately. Its more likely he will resurface at Town if they meet his wage demands.