HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ellis Gillam

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 20 Oct 2020, 07:00:17 am
Twenty three year old back rower ELLIS GILLAM is the latest Whitehaven player to commit to the Championship club for the 2021 season. The former Warrington Wolves junior first joined Haven for the 2018 season making his debut for the club at home to Oldham on the 18th February 2018. He then joined Rochdale Hornets in the Championship for the 2019 season but returned to the Recreation Ground midway through the 2019 season. He has remained with the club since.

Gillam is pleased to have signed a one year deal, saying, “My fourth season at Whitehaven and I’m looking forward to getting back into things with the lads and the new additions. I think the new guys will fit in within weeks with the tight group that we are. We go into next season with more confidence knowing we can do well against the more experienced teams.”

Haven Head Coach, Gary Charlton said, “Ellis is a good, young, talented player that we see having a bright future. Last year, in the games he played I thought he produced his best performances for us so hopefully he can kick on and be a great asset to the team.”

Gillam has played thirty seven games for Whitehaven and scored eight tries.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛