HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sean Croston

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 28 Oct 2020, 07:00:00 am
Whitehaven have beaten off stiff competition from a number of Championship and League One clubs to sign twenty year old centre, Sean Croston, from Newcastle Thunder. Croston joins Haven on a one year deal. The former Westhoughton Lions junior joined St Helens, came through their systems and was offered a professional contract with them. Last year, after playing in St Helens Academy he went to University at Newcastle and joined Newcastle Thunder Academy before being promoted to the first team squad for the 2020 season. Croston has represented England at junior level and also England Universaties.

“Sean is an exceptional talent, he’s young, enthusiastic and looks like he has plenty of ability.” said Haven Head Coach, Gary Charlton. Charlton said, “He’s come through the St helens system so he will be well versed in how to play the game. As soon as I talked to him I knew he was someone that needed to be at Whitehaven. He is going to be fighting for his place against some recognised, senior players but he said that’s the way he likes it. This is a great attitude to have and we are very happy to have him on board.”

Croston himself is happy to join Haven. He said,“I had other offers but for me it’s about where I would feel the best and what style of play would suit me the best. After speaking to Charlo and some of the blokes I felt Whitehaven was the ideal fit and the best move for me. It is somewhere where I feel I will be appreciated the most and gives me the best opportunity to showcase my talents and to help the team.

Chairman Tommy Todd spoke saying “The club has secured the services of 20 year old Sean Croston from Newcastle. Sean is a highly thought of and sought after young player. His position is centre and he has come through both the St. Helens and the Newcastle academies and had been promoted to Newcastle's first team this season. Several Championship and championship 1 clubs had been chasing him but once again our football committee has done a great job in persuading him to join Whitehaven. Well done again to all concerned and welcome to the club Sean.”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2020, 08:24:33 am
more great news well done to all involved squad looking really strong.
born and bred haven.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2020, 09:07:33 am
This is probably the strongest squad since the early 2000s 

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2020, 06:39:35 pm
This lad looks a big unit but looks rapid anyone else think the squad and our business is done Happy days